push rods inspection 1940 Buick “what the hell”

Robby120113

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

already done a 350 mile orso with the new pushrods and all works good. But there is still a ticking sound in my engine. Can it be that the reason the pushrods were bent as seen on the picture on page one, the solid lifters also took a beating? If so maybe better to replace them? Or is there a way to test them?

Thank all!

The solid lifters might have taken somewhat of a beating if they had excessive pressure on them from whatever introduced resistance caused the push rods to bend.  The lifters usually won't tick though.  Did you ever discover the cause of the force that bent the original push rods?  Even though it may not be related to the present ticking, I wonder if there is a lingering problem. 

54 minutes ago, kgreen said:

The solid lifters might have taken somewhat of a beating if they had excessive pressure on them from whatever introduced resistance caused the push rods to bend.  The lifters usually won't tick though.  Did you ever discover the cause of the force that bent the original push rods?  Even though it may not be related to the present ticking, I wonder if there is a lingering problem. 

I bought the car with the bent pushrods apperently. Think due to long storage the valve were stuck. I will make a video of the sound. Who knows it helps. At this moment i am waiting for the waterpump 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...