1960 Rambler American - $2500 - Colville, WA - Not Mine

1960 Rambler American - $2500 - Colville, WA

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/colville-1960-rambler-american/7156882597.html
2 door ,with continental kit. rebuilt flat head 6cyl. 3 on the tree manual trans. all new brake system, all original. car runs and drives great, color is pink paint is not in great shape, have all manuals and spare parts, nice daily driver.

Contact: Joe (click 'show phone number' yourself if interested)

Copy and paste in your email: 730dfe086bd13bf1b27de9a2122856e4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1960 Rambler American.

'60 Rambler American WA a.jpg

'60 Rambler American WA b.jpg

'60 Rambler American WA c.jpg

'60 Rambler American WA d.jpg

'60 Rambler American WA e.jpg

'60 Rambler American WA f.jpg

• Like 1

I doubt there is any catch,  a 60 Rambler with a bad pink paint job even in good mechanical condition is probably only worth $2500 tops. Especially on the West coast. Interior is not very good either.

Many years ago - mid 1960s, my 1960 Rambler American, and my Dad's 1959, were very dependable basic transportation. We didn't have the Continental spare tire, but the trunk was big enough to hold a full set of drums, my trumpet and trombone, some spare parts, folding music stands, and still make exceptional gas mileage. At 18.9 cents/ gallon we did OK travelling New Jersey, parts of New York, and other local areas.

The car never let us down. When I bought it for $15, it was using a quart of recycled oil every 15 miles, but replacing the piston rings in the first two cylinders made all the difference even though the cylinders were badly scored (and not repaired due to a VERY tight budget). My neighbor bought it from me a few years later for $350, and was still driving it years later with no issues.

• Like 2

At least in theory,  nothing in the fuel delivery system should be higher than the carburetor inlet to discourage vapor lock pockets. Also, the fuel pump should be as near as possible to the gas tank. Still, this set up must be working, so what do I know? I had a blue one of these Ramblers for a short while. It was good on gas, but hard on my poor ego.

According to writers on the Curbside Classic site, early '60's compacts are popular with urban hipsters.  Funkier the car, the more in demand they are, this '60 American would be top of the list!

• Like 1