1937 Ford Coupe restored on MA Craigslist 22G. Not Mine

I saw this 37 Ford Coupe listed on Craigslist. If you were looking for one.  Seems like a good deal.  You couldn't rehab one of those clunkers under 10G for the asking price. 

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/for/d/franklin-1937-ford-5-window-8-business/7157759613.html

1937 Ford 5 Window v-8 Business Coupe - $22000 (Franklin Mass)

Very nice car, older restoration, 85 hp flathead v-8, starts right up, stops drives and shifts and idles as it should, La Barron Bonney interior, engine compartment is really nice -picture doesn't show well-, very little use since completed. Due to scammers I dont include my phone number, please send me your phone number and I will call you, NO TRADES-CASH IN HAND DEAL ONLY. Thanks.

00v0v_aVbhuSpebBn_0gw0co_600x450.jpg

00c0c_42hAx8LgWHZ_0gw0co_600x450.jpg

00B0B_bFFAUpGY9ua_0gw0co_600x450.jpg

00808_4BMiuqT3lQo_0gw0m1_600x450.jpg

00S0S_1ME7Y5vktKH_0gw0co_600x450.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Without putting a lot of research into the subject, it appears that Ford continued this low production (or maybe it should be low sales) Club Coupe into '38. Ford would have still offered coupes in the Standard and DeLuxe lines for both of these years, so I don't imagine that the total number of these Club Coupes built contributed much to overall sales. You can bet that they never recovered their retooling costs on this venture. 1939 would see the return to the one conventional coupe body, but offering opera seats as an option. The new, for '39, Mercury offered Hayes coupe bodies for those who wanted a rear seat.

I'm late to the party, but...

On 9/26/2020 at 8:08 PM, Hudsy Wudsy said:

It's hard for me to tell from the angles which these photographs were taken, but if that deck is as short as it appears to be, this may be the far less common model with a rear seat -- a club coupe.

It's a Club Coupe.  The quarter windows are fixed on a Five Windows Coupe - they swing out on a Club Coupe.  In this picture, you can see the latch on the passenger side and the driver side is slightly open.  That luggage rack also is pretty rare.

00B0B_bFFAUpGY9ua_0gw0co_600x450.jpg.c01196a1be5bdccdb8599157fdffcf88.thumb.jpg.c88ba06599323687f0b2ea9796de87f6.jpg

On 9/26/2020 at 8:17 PM, Hudsy Wudsy said:

'37 Ford Club Coupe. Squeezing a back seat in sure screwed with the proportions, didn't it?:

For Sale: 1937 Ford Club Coupe

I used to think so but I kinda like the long hood/short deck look.

On 9/27/2020 at 1:01 AM, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Without putting a lot of research into the subject, it appears that Ford continued this low production (or maybe it should be low sales) Club Coupe into '38. Ford would have still offered coupes in the Standard and DeLuxe lines for both of these years, so I don't imagine that the total number of these Club Coupes built contributed much to overall sales. You can bet that they never recovered their retooling costs on this venture. 1939 would see the return to the one conventional coupe body, but offering opera seats as an option. The new, for '39, Mercury offered Hayes coupe bodies for those who wanted a rear seat.

Yes, Ford continued the Club Coupe in 38, then dropped it for 39.  Auxiliary seats (the Ford term) were NOT offered on 39 coupes - they became available on the 1940 coupes, both De Luxe and V-8 (Ford didn't call it Standard).  Ford called the car with the seats a Business Coupe while the seat-less one was simply Coupe - that's always seemed backward to me.  You can get a passenger or two in the front seat of a coupe - if you're using the car for business, seems you would need the extra space for cargo rather than for more passengers.

• Like 1
On 9/27/2020 at 8:35 PM, Peterb1933 said:

Ford made a '37 Club Coupe Convertible also. Saw one in an old movie. (Man Behind the Mask-Peter Lorre-circa 1939).

Lovely car. Never seen one in person.

Yup.  They also made a Convertible Sedan which is pretty much the same thing - dunno why they made both.

• Like 1
On 9/29/2020 at 7:24 AM, alsancle said:

That is a nice car but it is not a business coupe.  

Correct, if for no other reason than Ford didn't use the term "Business Coupe" in 37.