1955 Hudson Super Wasp - $6500 - Somerset, MA - Not Mine - SOLD!

1955 Hudson Super Wasp - $6500 - Somerset, MA

https://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/d/somerset-1955-hudson-super-wasp/7157109663.html 

I have for sale my 1955 Hudson Wasp, it has a flat head 6 with a Hydra-matic transmission, runs and drives, car is all original, interior is in very good shape, front seats lay flat and turn into a bed for a drive in movie, car has 46k original miles, drivetrain is matching to vin, looking for $6500 . Not interested in trades.

Contact (508) 6-four-2-5-zero-8-seven

Copy and paste in your email: eddb1f76843f32728b02983e9cddfb5b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1955 Hudson Super Wasp.

'55 Hudson Super Wasp RI a.jpg

'55 Hudson Super Wasp RI b.jpg

'55 Hudson Super Wasp RI c.jpg

'55 Hudson Super Wasp RI d.jpg

'55 Hudson Super Wasp RI dd.jpg

'55 Hudson Super Wasp RI e.jpg

'55 Hudson Super Wasp RI f.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
SOLD (see edit history)

People laugh but I use Mother's mag and Aluminum Polish.  

Here is a clear coated fender I wet sanded out with 2000 Grit first,  then hand buffed with Mother's.

Clear coat is much harder and takes more work than this would to get a shine.  I finished up then on clear coat with Adam's Polish to get the very fine scratches/ scuffing out.  This would probably be fine with just the Mother's like I did my Auburn as it's a single stage paint.

The last photo is before the Adam's polish final buff.

fullsizeoutput_1cb9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1cba.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1cbb.jpeg

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2020 at 9:56 AM, auburnseeker said:

People laugh but I use Mother's mag and Aluminum Polish.  

Here is a clear coated fender I wet sanded out with 2000 Grit first,  then hand buffed with Mother's.

Clear coat is much harder and takes more work than this would to get a shine.  I finished up then on clear coat with Adam's Polish to get the very fine scratches/ scuffing out.  This would probably be fine with just the Mother's like I did my Auburn as it's a single stage paint.

The last photo is before the Adam's polish final buff.

Do yourself a favor and use Final Inspection instead.  Quick Detailer has silicone in it.  You will hate yourself (or your body man will) if you ever find yourself needing to respray something.

• 2 months later...

Congrats on your purchase of that cool new old car. The post-'54 Hudsons don't get the respect they deserve, in my opinion. They had distinctive looks and represent mid-fifties styling pretty well. And if this kind of price is typical, they seem to be great values nowadays, as well.

I paid $5900 for it. Someone had recently replaced the rear shocks, brake flex lines, exhaust, head gasket, plugs and wires, radiator probably recored, and the carb was rebuilt. It needs tires. The radio, clock, heater fan and temp gauge arent getting power or are disfunctional.  All else works. The car ran for about 20 minutes, maybe not enough to register on the temp gauge. The wiring diagram I found online shows various fuses. Included  in the trunkare the FSM, parts book, and another repair book, look to be dated about the same as the car. Havent got it delivered yet, cant wait to get into it.

20201101_123813.jpg

• Like 3

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to 1955 Hudson Super Wasp - $6500 - Somerset, MA - Not Mine - SOLD!
  • 8 months later...

I had one fly off while taking the car for a spin after a repair last winter, it landed in a snow bank. I noticed it when I pulled over to check for leaks under the car. Luckily it was sitting right there, the caps are in nice condition and it would have been a challenge to find a replacement. Since I painted the rims, I haven't put them back on.