alsfarms

Teens Early 1920's Allen Touring car wanted

Posted (edited)

I was going through an old old family picture album and ran across a picture of my Grand-Dad with his new Allen automobile.  I understand the picture and why my Grand-Dad owned an Allen as my Great-Grand-Dad sold Allen automobiles.  Does anyone here know of an Allen that may be available for purchase?  I could be interested.  Drop me a note.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
update (see edit history)

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Here is a picture of a very basic Allen touring car from 1916.  If you know of major pieces , a parts car, an old original, or a stalled restoration, I may be a good source for a purchase.

Al

1916_Allen_Touring_Car.jpg

Seems like there is one for sale a while back in the Sarasota Ft Myers area. It was some sort of orphan car about a year ago. Restored. Think it was an Allen. 

• Like 1

George, If you can recall any other information, on the Allen automobile you mentioned,  I would follow up with an inquiry.  Thanks for your response.

Al

Thought more about it. Might been alllen. Also might be Stephens. Simply can’t remember more. It was 1-2 years ago in southwest Florida. Sorry,george 

• Like 1

Can anyone refer me to the current owner of an Allen touring car?  Any year but the earlier the better.

Al

Here is the start to an Allen motor car an original allen Motometer made especially for the Allen motor company from Columbus.  For Sale $US 200.00 plus shipping On some research about Allen cars that came into New Zealand someone contacted me saying they had a motor out of a Allen car Did not follow it up Regards

Len 

allen motometer.JPG

allen 2 motometer.JPG

• Like 2

Hello Len,

Thanks for the pictures of your Motometer.  All I need to do is find a car and drive under it and we will both be happy.  On a serious note, I will think about your Motometer.

Regards,

Alan

Does a 1914 or 1015 Allen exist in the circles of the AACA?

Al

On 7/17/2020 at 8:23 PM, alsfarms said:

Does a 1914 or 1015 Allen exist in the circles of the AACA?

Al

You could call the national AACA office in Hershey, Pa.

They might be able to search (via computer) our club's

records, finding any Allens among car makes from past

award winners.  If any records are recent enough,

then contacting any Allen owner might lead you to 

other Allen owners.

• Like 1

thanks for your ideas.  It would be nice to be able to speak with the owners of the several listed Allen automobiles from the reference that Ozstatman shared.

Al

• Like 1

I wonder if any Allen automobiles could be found in Museums?  Has anyone noticed any while on vacation checking out various museums?

Al

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_(1913_Ohio_automobile)

The Allen was an American automobile, built at Fostoria, Ohio between 1913 and 1921. The company used 3.1-litre side-valve Sommers four-cylinder engines, and acquired that company in 1915. The 1920 Allen 43 was a handsome craft, featuring bevel-sided touring coachwork and a high-shouldered radiator. Unfortunately, sales of this vehicle were not enough to avert the company's bankruptcy, which followed in 1921. Willys acquired what little was left.[1] Overall, 20,00 vehicles were sold.

thanks for the reference.  I sent a message to see if this Allen is still available.

Al

I have actually been in touch with a couple of Allen owners.  So far, still looking for a project or running Allen.

Alan