Cokekid

48 v12 Vibration Damper.?

Looks correct to me. Look at the drawing in the parts catalog.

Benefits of AACA Membership.

• Members
  • 934 posts
20 hours ago, Cokekid said:

The reason I was asking is I noticed the slot on the Damper never went all the way into the Special key.  I was concerned that I had installed the Slinger the wrong way. After taking a good look at my photo I realized that if I install it that way I would have covered up the Special Key.

The next photo shows were the slot on the Damper goes into the Special Key it doesn't go in all the way.  The back of the slinger is tight against the block.

My question now is it correct.? 

1130808011_LINOILSLINGERRIGHTWAY03684.JPG.119e123aee88509d718f9c0cd6864abb.JPG

Tom O'D

Glad to hear this, as I didn't want to carry on and find out later I have a problem with this.

Thanks 

On 7/10/2020 at 9:18 AM, Cokekid said:

Beltfed

The First engine is from a 47 Linc Zephyr and the Second is from a 48 Linc Cont.

After  reading  your question I went back out to take a look at both engines and to my surprise I found another problem. I noticed that the front engine covers were different as shown in the two photos.

I never took notice of which cover came off which engine. As you can see, there is a difference around the sides when I install a gasket on them.

The gaskets came in a kit that I bought at Hersey last year and all the thin gaskets will only fit one of the covers.

I am now totally confused as to why the one cover is slightly wider then the other.

Gerry

1569885420_LINTIMINGCOVERS03657.JPG.a4e622d80b3f83bc96f7d4ca8fa57925.JPG 

The top cover ,the wider one is from a V8 Ford. The narrow one is correct for the V12