Anybody near Hancock, New York

and could maybe pick up and hold this for me until shipping or other arrangements can be arranged. It went No Sale on ebay most likely because it was Pick Up Only.  Its just what I've been looking for for the Buick Sales and Service Garage sales room and is decently priced. Will gladly compensate for time and expenses. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.28c25db5be97ca6b981ed89f35a7b9bb.jpg

image.thumb.png.035733ccb86939cced2bf4dc8be184bc.png

On 7/8/2020 at 2:37 PM, MrEarl said:

and could maybe pick up and hold this for me until shipping or other arrangements can be arranged. It went No Sale on ebay most likely because it was Pick Up Only.  Its just what I've been looking for for the Buick Sales and Service Garage sales room and is decently priced. Will gladly compensate for time and expenses. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.28c25db5be97ca6b981ed89f35a7b9bb.jpg

image.thumb.png.035733ccb86939cced2bf4dc8be184bc.png

Day late and a dollar short.  I was just through the Binghamton area last week with the enclosed car trailer when I picked up my new Model T in NH. 

Might be back through the area once the border between Canada & US opens up.  Maybe in a month or so.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Dropped the hammer on the NCR and Machine Gun has offered to take a scenic drive over to pick it up for me. What's so interesting about this one is that it is in an old closed Buick dealership, so I feel like I will be honoring it by bringing it into the Buick Sales and Service Garage.

Thanks Jim and to others who also offered to help.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 9

The eBay seller so far is being hush hush in divulging any info on the old closed Buick dealership this and other items they are auctioning off came out of. Hoping once the auctions end they my come forth with more.  I suspect it may be in the area of Hancock. Anybody familiar with a Buick and possibly Buick-Chevy dealership that has closed recently in that area.

Roberta did some googling and came up with a name of Kaplan Buick - Chevrolet.  Google maps shows this on Main Street in Hancock, now a used car and repair shop.

610698234_Annotation2020-07-10140546.thumb.png.ed29fb89533bd3c801a021578f3d17e3.png

Not sure how old the google map picture is but check out the Fireball V-8 neon in the window. The eBay seller confirmed the dealership and I was hoping to possibly get in on some off eBay deals but that ain't gonna happen. Anybody familiar with the business.

• Like 2

Lamar,

A General Motors Export published Service Station Practice guide I have shows similar cash registers in photographs. There is an appropriate Forward by Alfred P Sloan.

Your a whiz on the computer - whip up a copy of Alfred's words to hang near your cash register to remind yourself to be nice to your customers!

post-76653-0-49867000-1451613192_thumb.jpgpost-76653-0-26879500-1451613213_thumb.jpgpost-76653-0-47328900-1451613463_thumb.jpg   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...