zepher

1930 Pierce Arrow Model B Club Sedan - Not Mine

Matt......he contacted me this morning. I’ll give him a few heads up on the 1930 Series cars. His 32 Series 54 Club Brougham is a great car, and probably the best year chassis for a Pierce eight for overall handling. 

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Matt......he contacted me this morning. I’ll give him a few heads up on the 1930 Series cars. His 32 Series 54 Club Brougham is a great car, and probably the best year chassis for a Pierce eight for overall handling. 

Norm is the sweetest, nicest guy I've ever met. He'll be eager to learn. I know you'll steer him right!

He's also a very talented craftsman who knows how to do it right. He did this in his driveway:

752174782_1930Packard740_017.thumb.jpg.801ddbd07cba64a7fc12f7d79cf1a841.jpg  1192944516_1930Packard740_016.thumb.jpg.d1a3d654bf458a8d3c410b4ac64933ea.jpg  2129504554_1930Packard740_038.thumb.jpg.8074abe5967cd1aac35a4f9b15bb1b1c.jpg

001.thumb.JPG.a3b22f4776094801dc4d4bde7fff3aa4.JPG  042.thumb.JPG.368c385053be4acd796bfc3fe6244afd.JPG  066.thumb.JPG.b7aedc70f71da38003b0a90c8e4da883.JPG

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I think he got a pretty good deal, As noted, interiors are not cheap.

I am glad it is going to someone that will do it right.

I’d be interested to know more about the bicycle...David.coco@comcast.net 

3 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

I'll make sure he reverses the landau irons, too.

Please do - it will make all the difference :)

Also, my list above includes a few other things people will need to help him with. 

Friends had a 31 Model 42 Salon Club Sedan (I have Ed on the hunt for it) and the luggage trunk on that car fit close to the body and bridged the luggage rack to the back of the deck behind the body and then the small piece of the luggage rack was in the vertical position to make like a decorative bumper out in front of the trunk - it really made a whole world of difference in how the car looked as trunk was more "integrated" into the car verses sitting way back off car.   And, yes the car was like that as an totally untouched (and I really do mean untouched) car pre-restoration.  That car also had the original luggage trunk and it was of LeBaron style in metal with rounded front. 

Trunk was like this, but sat on the both rear body platform and luggage rack.

1931 Pierce-Arrow Model 41 - Convertible Victoria | Classic Driver ...

Good to see this car is going to a good home and current PAS member.

Looking forward to seeing the progress as the interior is taken care of.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 7:36 PM, edinmass said:

Dave....you should make a production run of jackets for “Big AL”, I would buy them!

Id buy one for my 35 Buick hood ornament.Greg

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2020 at 11:14 AM, Matt Harwood said:

I just learned yesterday that a good friend of mine here in Cleveland bought this car. He doesn't have it yet, but he was able to get it at a much better-than-advertised price. He understands that he's going to have a big job ahead of him with the interior and understands that it will be costly. He's not going to throw some vinyl in there and call it good. He owns a '32 Pierce Model 54 Brougham, so he's familiar with the marque. He has an early 1900s Pierce bicycle that he's interested in selling to help finance it, so if anyone here is interested that could be available shortly.

I'll make sure he reverses the landau irons, too.

Matt, thanks so much for mentioning the bicycle.  I've spent time on the phone with Norm yesterday and today, and happy to say that the early 1900's shaft drive (chainless) Pierce bike is now mine!   Thanks, love these forums, if you read carefully you can find stuff! By the way, though the badge had an arrow, the bicycles and motorcycles made were never called "Pierce Arrow", just Pierce....

IMG_6275.JPG

IMG_6292.JPG

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)
  • Like 2