Wanted Buick wire hubcaps with spinners

Buickneem

34 minutes ago, Buickneem said:

I appreciate all the responses! I ended up finding an unused set (still in the original box!) on ebay. Even though it was much more than I ever anticipated on spending I just couldn't pass it up.  Thanks guys

You got a great deal on those caps if they are in fact NOS and not takeoffs...almost half the typical value in my opinion. Make sure when you install them that you use something to distribute the impact of the rubber mallet across a large area. Concentrate the impact on the right angle edge just inside the outer circumference. The new covers will take quite a forceful blow to drive "home". If you use just a rubber mallet the outside flat surface of the cover will end up being wavy after install and your NOS covers will look just like any other used covers...just cleaner! Ask me how I know!

Nice buy....

Tom Mooney

• Thanks 1

Tom,

You may have saved me on this one. Knowing myself I would have taken the rubber mallet directly to the cap without even considering a strategy like yours. Thank you for the sound advice, I'll let you know how it goes.