What's your favorite French car?

Jaybokay

A friend of mine brought one of these back from France after WW2 1927 Salmson Grand Sport, same car ran in the 1927 French Grand Prix finished 2nd if I remember correctly...wish now I would have bought it from him when he offered to me.   Nice looking car double overhead cams straight 4, 1.8L.  According to a source...Salmson won 550 automobile races and set ten world records (1921-28) before closing the racing department in 1929.  

SalmsonGrandSportSpecial192.jpg

In 1776, Latouche Tréville transferred ammunition from France to the United States of America. Numerous French supplies as well as guns of the de Valliere type were used in the American War of Independence, especially the smaller 4-pounder field guns. The guns were shipped from France, and the field carriages provided for in the US. These guns played an important role in such battles as the Battle of Saratoga,[5] and the Siege of Yorktown. George Washington wrote about the supplies and guns in a letter to General Heath on 2 May 1777:

I was this morning favored with yours containing the pleasing accounts of the late arrivals at Portsmouth and Boston. That of the French ships of war, with artillery and other military stores, is most valuable. It is my intent to have all the arms that were not immediately wanted by the Eastern States, to be removed to Springfield, as a much safer place than Portsmouth …. I shall also write Congress and press the immediate removal of the artillery, and other military stores from Portsmouth. I would also have you forward the twenty-five chests of arms lately arrived from Martinico to Springfield.

— George Washington letter to General Heath, 2 May 1777.[5]

My French-Italian car, this one in miniature form.  Vespa 400 2CV.  Designed in Italy and built in France.  This is the Dinky toy version made in the French Dinky toy factory.  The toy is not very common.

6DB6564C-8F15-42BD-8628-114AEB7F4D8A.jpeg

263E7EC6-D0B5-4916-9AF0-88007E756E89.jpeg

B3291F11-2226-431A-9A33-4268D64D2098.jpeg

3 hours ago, TerryB said:

My French-Italian car, this one in miniature form.  Vespa 400 2CV.  Designed in Italy and built in France.  This is the Dinky toy version made in the French Dinky toy factory.  The toy is not very common.

6DB6564C-8F15-42BD-8628-114AEB7F4D8A.jpeg

263E7EC6-D0B5-4916-9AF0-88007E756E89.jpeg

This one might be just as rare; a Vespa Jolly.

Craig

58_Vespa_Jolly.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, padgett said:

a) octoauto

b) 6 wheel dymaxon like the GM "World of Progress" thingies ?

c) only the french would put the radiator behind the engine.

d) think I'd prefer a Tatra V8.

The radiator in a Renault 750 (rear engine) is in front of the engine behind the back seat.  Putting the radiator behind the engine made life a lot easier.  The 750's engine has to come out to remove the radiator.