Outside door handle picture for 34

Looking for a good outside door handle picture for 34 Dodge, original handle trim, if anyone can post one, just need to know which is original, I have a few different ones that came on my dodge, 1 has the holes, the other has the holes covered by the trim ring,,Thanks

Mine are different than Ian's. I have an original coupe and an original conv. coupe. Smooth handles, no ribs and cover over the screws. These might have been supplied on deluxe models and the exposed screws style on the standard models. My opinion only...

Ken

P1030965 (Large).JPG

P1040166 (2).JPG

KLF yours are Desoto, a 1933-34 Desoto handle with a 1934 Escutcheon. I have been selling handles since I was 12 in 1972, with over 45k OEM Present Inventory. I will tell anybody do you think,  "Joe shit the ragman" cared what handle he put on his car, they did not know this was going to turn into this great hobby, they used what was close or worked utilitarian what worked, yours is not correct for Dodge. I also own a 1933 Dodge DP6 5 window RS coupe long wheelbase.

Ian's is correct they used that style handle only for 1933 and 1934 on Dodge cars and Trucks with only difference being type of escutcheon and possibly shaft length.

Cheers

4 hours ago, thehandleman said:

KLF yours are Desoto, a 1933-34 Desoto handle with a 1934 Escutcheon. I have been selling handles since I was 12 in 1972, with over 45k OEM Present Inventory. I will tell anybody do you think,  "Joe shit the ragman" cared what handle he put on his car, they did not know this was going to turn into this great hobby, they used what was close or worked utilitarian what worked, yours is not correct for Dodge. I also own a 1933 Dodge DP6 5 window RS coupe long wheelbase.

Ian's is correct they used that style handle only for 1933 and 1934 on Dodge cars and Trucks with only difference being type of escutcheon and possibly shaft length.

Cheers

Do you think they may have used the DeSoto  handles on the Canadian built Dodges? Just curious.

14 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Do you think they may have used the DeSoto  handles on the Canadian built Dodges? Just curious.

Both my Dodges are Canadian Model DT. They are correct for my cars. I've seen other DT cars with the same handles. I think it is very unlikely that both my cars would have had all the handles changed to a much more uncommon DeSoto handle. That being said I'm not sure what the USA production used but the yellow 34 Dodge that recently sold on Ebay has the same handles as mine. Another pic of an American maroon coloured Dodge  DR with the same handle

Ken

37.jpg

38.jpg

Jack's 34 DR-6.jpg

Edited by KLF (see edit history)