Seeking Info on 1916 Oakland 4cyl

Wes Anderson

Guest c.johnson

I did see a '15 4cy engine & chassis for sale on ebay about a month ago, but don't have a clue who ended up buying it. crazy.gif

I could put you in touch with the Oakland Owners Club International (OOCI) if you would be interested, let me know.

You may never know "how many" are left. Records are hard to find for those early years to find how many were made, it would be difficult to find how many 4cy were produced, let alone trying to determine how many survived.

As far as I know, there are very few early Oaklands that are road-worthy today. frown.gif

I guess the question for you would be if you are planning to restore it, or sell it. Information on restoring it would be different from information to sell it. If the underlying question is whether it is worth restoring, the answer is "YES" - but to me all cars are...smirk.gif You have to understand you will never get the dollar amount back from the restoration - only the pleasure. The next question then is if you want to restore it. grin.gif

cj