1961 STUDEBAKER LARK CRUISER - $3850 - Estill Springs, TN - Not Mine

1961 STUDEBAKER LARK CRUISER - $3850 - Estill Springs TN

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/estill-springs-studebaker-lark-cruiser/7148590193.html

1961 Studebaker Lark Cruiser, 4 door sedan 259 v/8 automatic trans. P.S. P. Brakes vintage air conditioning, radio, heater, factory original interior very nice condition purchased from descendant of original family ownership, Ziebart undercoated in and out from new perfect non rust car garage kept most of life. Good bit done mechanical last year or so, need driving and minor TLC. Everything works except AC needs completing minor work and recharging, all there to finish. Lots paperwork history from years past. Great family cruiser and reasonable entry into old car hobby.

NOTE Calls only!! TEXTING will be ignored no response.

Contact: Ron, phone calls only: (931) 2-four-7-eight-9-four-2, Central Time

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1961 STUDEBAKER LARK CRUISER.

'61 STUDEBAKER LARK CRUISER TN a.jpg

'61 STUDEBAKER LARK CRUISER TN b.jpg

'61 STUDEBAKER LARK CRUISER TN c.jpg

'61 STUDEBAKER LARK CRUISER TN d.jpg

'61 STUDEBAKER LARK CRUISER TN e.jpg

'61 STUDEBAKER LARK CRUISER TN f.jpg

'61 STUDEBAKER LARK CRUISER TN g.jpg

• Like 2

I called on this car and spoke with the 75 year old owner for half an hour. He has it listed in the ad as "excellent condition" but the carb needs to be rebuilt, the power steering leaks, the aftermarket heat and A/C system is not hooked up, the mufflers need to be replaced, the radio doesn't work, one of the rear doors has a dent in it, and there's more. When I told him that "excellent condition" is not an accurate description he got mad and hung up on me. I know he's only asking $3850 for it so I wasn't expecting much and I was right. Oh well.... :wacko:

Studebaker Drivers Club is excellent support for anyone owning a postwar Studebaker in terms of parts sources, technical advice and regional club activities.  Whatever this '61 Cruiser needs could be easily handled to create a satisfying daily driver for very reasonable investment. 

1 hour ago, GregLaR said:

Didn't Aunt Bee own one of these?

She had a '66 Daytona. Also, my wife and I met each other in 1998 through "The Andy Griffith Show Rerun Watchers Club" website. Seven months after we met I moved from San Diego to Louisville and married her. I was 46 and she was 45 and it was the first marriage for each of us.... :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Studebaker Drivers Club is excellent support for anyone owning a postwar Studebaker in terms of parts sources, technical advice and regional club activities.  Whatever this '61 Cruiser needs could be easily handled to create a satisfying daily driver for very reasonable investment. 

I already belong to the SDC. I sold my '49 Stude pickup last month. I'm not looking for a fixer-upper....

189ED3CF-A049-440B-B4A8-046FB1E0C90D.jpeg

I guess one never likes to lose their own identity, especially to a sitcom character. It's happened to many television actors over the years. However it's a shame when they shun the very image that endeared them to so many, to the point of hating the character or worse, sniping at a fan for "remembering" them.

I have empathy for Ms. Bavier, having myself tread the boards in the semi obscure part of Angie the Ox in Miss Temple's (overly ambitious) 4th grade, elementary school Christmas version of Guys & Dolls. After 7 performances under Miss Temple's frantic yet ambiguous direction (with that ever-present smoldering Lucky Strike planted firmly in her ferociously lipsticked kisser) I knew I was running the risk of becoming type cast and adamantly refused her bleary eyed, scotch-breathed pleas to continue. Her bribes of soda pop and cigarettes fell on deaf ears. Yes, .....I was one of the lucky ones.

Still, if someone were to recognize me today and ask for an autograph, I would happily oblige.

360597341_misstemple.jpg.f7c2126f67301b533060a0fa90584909.jpg

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)

So,

what do we think this "gem" may really be worth,

and what would it take for a novice old car enthusiast

(NO, NOT ME)

to get it into decent appearance and serviceable driver-quality condition, with heat and A/C operable?

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)