Holiday Photos

Elpad

• 3 weeks later...

Every year I look forward to seeing the photos and videos from the Holiday Excursion in Pasadena, Ca or from New Jersey's New Years Day tour, this year has been so mild and dry in southern Ontario it has hardly seemed like winter.  However, we took out our 1939 Century for a drive on Boxing Day to a small fishing village on the shore of Lake Erie and found a couple of interesting photo opportunities for the holidays.  No snow in the 14 day forecast and temps in the low 40's (5C), every day is one day closer to spring, however I miss the white stuff.

Regards, Gary

DSC_2439 (2).JPG

DSC_2445 (2).JPG

• Like 6

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although the celebrations' formats will be a bit unique this year, enjoy as possible!  I heard of one group that was going to do "A Parade In Reverse", where the floats were parked and the spectators drove past them in their cars.  Not unlike the "Drive-by Birthday Parties and such.  Very NEAT and "Make You Smile" moments when you see how innovative people have become in adapting to the current situations!

Happy 4th, y'all !

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 12:39 PM, 60FlatTop said:

Celebrate great American names like Buick and Chevrolet.

001-b.thumb.jpg.8814d3d1a56abf514b6f028a2cabe201.jpg

I watched a History Channel documentary the other night and one of the things that was brought up was how ironic it is that Chevrolet, the All American, car is actually a French name.  Louis Chevrolet, a French race car driver, was being pursued by the GM people and when asked what it would take to get him to come to work for them, he replied "Build a Chevrolet." And we're pretty much all aware that David Dunbar Buick was a Scot.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...