Thermostat, 160°F, 72°C ?

gundog99

Make your own. Get a 160  and trim the flange as needed to fit hose and weld a piece of stainless pipe to it..

https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/ProductDetail/A-8270_160-DEGREE-THERMOSTAT?fromCategory=SearchByKeyword

On 6/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, nearchoclatetown said:

Not sure about your Senior, but a SB Chevy fits in a '29 DA perfectly. Drill a 1/8 inch hole in it to bleed air out. 

+1 for suggesting a modern match. A thermostat for a 1960s Mopar 318 v8 fits and works perfectly in my '33 Plymouth.

Wouldn't be too surprised if the OP could find a match to a newer thermostat that will fit a Dodge Senior. Some careful measurements to determine the physical size needed and a trip to the local auto supply might just solve the issue.

Thank you everyone. I am going to try a 63mm diameter 160 Edelbrock thermostat 8606. 63mm is the right overall size but I am not sure if the thermostat opening is to small, perhaps that in itself plays an important part in the cooling cycle .Rod if you have something near to the original specification please let me know .