Hershey 2020 Show Registration

Steve Moskowitz

Steve, Is judges registration available? Here are some other questions:

1. Is there going to be a breakfast on Saturday, if so in the Giant Center?

2. Are there going to be typical Friday activities eg. Judges School, Round Tables etc.

3. Parking?

4. Is the show going to be in its regular location?

Thanks, Steve

Judges registration will not be until next week.

Breakfast being decided upon, hopefully, this week.

Working on Friday activities as well, note: special things are in the works but we need a little time yet.

Parking is going to be great...Green Field

Yes, show in its same location

Yes, you most likely will wear a goofy hat or sign! :)

Hope you are well and maybe we will get to see you....

• Like 1

My registration went out today.  Two in HPOF, one if DPC, all of them red. 

In terms of Hershey, if it gets cancelled, when will final decision be made??

Currently, depending on what state you're coming in from, New York may be forcing you into a two week quarantine as you're entering in the state.

At this point and time going from Pennsylvania to New York isn't a problem, but North Carolina to New York is.

In the event Pennsylvania gets added to the list, it won't be worth having to be quarantined for two weeks to go to a two day show.  

My only concern is that with a lot of our national directors and judges coming out of North Carolina, that could be a problem for people going to or coming back from a meet.

Pat, as of today the event is on.  We have protocols we are establishing and have been in contact with all the agencies that are germane to our show.  Our Governor so far, has not issued any quarantine requirements. We recognize that many people will not be able to attend, car owners, judges and members but many will and many want us to do make Saturday happen.  Everyone has to make the right decision for themselves.

As to any cancellation date that has yet to be decided, we are working with our trophy supplier and others to determine what the latest date we have in order to make a decision.  As of today, we are full steam ahead.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Steve:

I am quite sure the very first “vendors” were met with quite a few disapproving stares. Selling antique car parts in Hershey on the first full week of October is in our DNA, and it will be here after this virus is gone from our RNA. 

Gene

Edited by greenie (see edit history)

5 hours ago, greenie said:

Hmmm, parking in the Green Field. What if I park in my vendor spaces and scatter a few parts on the ground. Strictly a nod to 1954, of course. 

Hmmm is right - I'll most likely have a couple of items that are just for show-and tell of course:rolleyes:

Terry

Hello.  Will there be a banquet on Saturday night this year?  I haven't received my Hershey show registration materials yet, and I haven't read

anything other than there WILL be a show on Saturday, but with a limit of 1,000 vehicles.

Steve,  a big THANK YOU for the job you have been doing.  I doubt your job description said anything about what you have faced the last few months. As they say you can please some of the people all the time and all the people some of the time but you cannot please all the people all the time. 

• Like 2

Jeff, it has been an absolute insane time for all of us (staff, board and myself).  Each day presents itself with massive problems from our all new IT system to moving out the staff to temporary quarters in the library.  Add the new building project, fund raising and trying to put on a couple of shows and you have a tough stew to swallow.  However, it is what we have to do!

Thanks for the appreciation.  The world is made up of all kinds with all different viewpoints but the irrational folks  (just a few) have made things "interesting."  In many ways, a lot of us are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't.   

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 9:03 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

Jeff, it has been an absolute insane time for all of us (staff, board and myself).  Each day presents itself with massive problems from our all new IT system to moving out the staff to temporary quarters in the library.  Add the new building project, fund raising and trying to put on a couple of shows and you have a tough stew to swallow.  However, it is what we have to do!

Thanks for the appreciation.  The world is made up of all kinds with all different viewpoints but the irrational folks  (just a few) have made things "interesting."  In many ways, a lot of us are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't.   

This is probably one of the toughest times AACA has ever seen.  Add the virus, cancellation of meets, the new building, aging membership and all of the crap in terms of fighting with the individual states as to what you can and can't do, that's going to be tough.

From a financial standpoint, the club needs money to operate, and it needs money for that new building.  It might be tough in terms of retaining members because you have a lot of people that paid dues (I'm a life member so I don't pay) who really haven't gotten anything out of the club other than the magazine because the club couldn't do anything.  I hope we don't lose people due to lack of activities and lack of interest.

Edited by ex98thdrill (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping that the Hershey Meet will use a similar format as you used at the Grand National Gettysburg Meet?  It really worked great for the Judging and Awards presentations, IMO.  I Really liked it and enjoyed the procedure to provide the results at the close of the Meet. Under standing that Hershey will be double the size as the Grand National which had about 500 entries and Hershey could reach 1000.

Great job and looking forward to Hershey, thanks in advance to all involved. It was a great day at Gettysburg. Hershey should also be as enjoyable.

We need these Shows to lift our Spirits during this terrible year of 2020. It will be something good that can be remembered.

• Like 2

Guest Mark McAlpine

Here's the trifold info brochure for the 2020 Eastern Fall Nationals in Hershey.  (This may be posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it in this thread or on the AACA or Hershey Region websites.)

2020 Eastern Fall Nationals - Hershey - Trifold - Pg 1.jpg

2020 Eastern Fall Nationals - Hershey - Trifold - Pg 2.jpg

The schedule below says pick up registration packet Friday 9am - 5pm on the show field. I guess if you arrive on Saturday, you drive on the show field to pick up your registration packet between 7-10am?  Will there be two lines on Saturday to the show field , one for cars with registration packets and one for picking up packets?

1585461058_2020EasternFallNationals-Hershey-Trifold-Pg1.thumb.jpg.0670a5f8082c3b1b35109118bbff3605.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mark McAlpine

Pat Buckley (from AACA HQ) posted the info elsewhere in the Forum:  "Your packet will be available as you drive on the field Saturday morning (usually handed out behind the Giant Center at the toll booths)."

The lines going in will probably be like they've always been at Hershey.  The main thing is you have to by AACA President Jim Elliott to get your dash plaque.

See you in Hershey!  What vehicle are your bringing?