Starter Struggles to Turn Engine

rockitdoc

The starter in my '41 Connie has trouble turning car over.  Battery is fully charged.  Cables are large and clean with good contact.  New solenoid.  Starter is rebuilt but unknown by whom.  Begin investigation with starter for troubleshooting?

Crap.  Wrong forum.  Sorry.

Edited by rockitdoc
Starter having trouble (see edit history)

Think OO battery cables and grounding - you need good clean grounds - also starter much ground - think metal to metal contact (often too much paint on everything - ex. I saw my bell housing the other day and someone had painted the mounting surface for the starter - 20 minutes with an exacto knife and sandpaper later ....

3 hours ago, rockitdoc said:

Crap.  Wrong forum.  Sorry.

30 minutes ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

You can delete the post and redo it in tech

You don't have to delete and redo. Just report post, and ask moderator to to move entire topic to Technical. As to your question :  Would help to know if problem has been constant during your ownership of the car, or a recent development ?    -   Carl 

This is the wrong area on the message board for tech assistance.  Re-post your question in the appropriate topic area...

On 6/29/2020 at 9:31 AM, C Carl said:

Would help to know if problem has been constant during your ownership of the car, or a recent development ?    -   Carl 

Seeing no further help  for your problem, bringing this back up.    -    Carl 

Yup, "rebuilt" doesn't always mean done right. 

I had a '33 generator rebuilt by a pro auto electric shop. They did a beautiful job,.... except it wouldn't charge. I opened the dust cover and  found out they forgot to hook the wire to the third brush.

It's the assumptions that always come back to bite you. 

Paul  

Edited by PFitz (see edit history)