1936 Rumble Seat Deck Latch - broken

The deck lid latch on my ‘36 - 66S is broken.  The culprit is a small pot metal piece that fits on the end of the handle and has an eccentric that retracts the latch bolt when turned.  This piece is encapsulated within the latch assembly which did not come apart easily. The pictures should help.

My question is to see if anyone has found an alternative or might by chance have a spare. I suspect that this is 36-37 coupes with rumble seats only. 

I may resort to having the part made; does anyone else need one?  Again the broken part is pictured.

Thanks,

Joel

D63FD953-7F38-4D7F-87A7-3E84A2D5C6A8.jpeg

A574532A-BE96-4232-A172-C6D589E8EDF2.jpeg

6E3E97B8-61BE-49EA-B3D6-0BB69BA8B8ED.jpeg

F9E3F340-0661-4699-B823-9E2A1466E142.jpeg

Joel, this is the picture of a repro i bought for a `35 chevy master coupe(not for sale). Only difference i see, is the handle hole is different for the Buick handle. Buick handle shaft could be squared to fit. Just a thought, if you can`t find a Buick latch.  Tom

DSCN5642.JPG

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, pont35cpe said:

Joel, this is the picture of a repro i bought for a `35 chevy master coupe(not for sale). Only difference i see, is the handle hole is different for the Buick handle. Buick handle shaft could be squared to fit. Just a thought, if you can`t find a Buick latch.  Tom

Tom, can you try the picture again.  It might be just what I need.

thank you,

joel

3 hours ago, JoelsBuicks said:

Tom, can you try the picture again.  It might be just what I need.

thank you,

joel

That`s not the first time i forgot the picture.. chevsofthe40s also has this latch item #4059062 (they are out of stock at this time.)          I&I Reproductions shows to have it also.

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)
7 hours ago, JoelsBuicks said:

Holy cow Tom!  Aside from the square end as you’ve said, that looks exactly like what I need.  I see no reason to not buy one and just square the end of my handle shaft.  

I just knew this would be a long shot request but you fixed that in a hurry! 

Thanks so much for weighing in!

Joel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1