Peerless 6-60 for sale

Partially restored 1927 Peerless 6-60 for sale in England but can be shipped wherever, California title, good solid base to start with having had the chassis / suspension / gearbox / axle / brakes and steering overhauled and painted, all metalwork in excellent condition and no rot, wood floor replaced and the car is partially assembled, Wooden body frame requires replacing and the roof is missing, doors are generally sound and complete, tyres are new, engine partially stripped but complete, odometer shows 27,000 miles, original key present. Any interested party should contact Tony Howard on +44 7760629640 (mobile) or +44 1614836161 (workshop) or email  mymotex@icloud.com plenty of photos available. 

250B9E2F-5F4C-44AD-AA9C-797920BDCBEA.jpeg

AC261C64-A9E7-4CA6-B9CC-475CF35DE2CC.jpeg

5B677F68-1024-4D1E-88DB-5A5F9CF50B4A.jpeg

Edited by Tony Howard (see edit history)

Tony -- thank you so much for posting this and for the good photo.

I was wondering if this could be the '27 Peerless Six-60  Graham Beckford of Cambridge, U.K. had in 2006 [Occasion Cars of Berkshire before him] with car serial number E 403 205(I had that from an old ad), or another Peerless. There seem to be 10 or 15 Peerlesses in England.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Thanks for getting in touch Jeff ... this is that car, E403205 I have no knowledge of any of the previous owners apart from the guy on the California title so unfortunately I cant tell anybody about its recent history or who started the restoration work ... i am pleased though that you have replied so quickly and i am torn about what to do with it because as a restoration job it doesn’t make much sense to me financially but to the right person who has more than a financial interest in Peerless cars then who knows? 
If i were to keep it I would do a modern overhaul on it as id want to use It, possibly as a two door roadster ... it’d be 100 year old by then !  but this would undo all the time and effort already spent and Peerless enthusiasts would lose another of these rare cars ... id appreciate any suggestions or information about the history of this car that anybody may wish to share and it is of course for sale at a very realistic price 
Tony

Edited by Tony Howard (see edit history)

Apparently one of 6,030 6-60s made 1927 and 1928. First Series production ran from # A 400501 to A 403539. Their lowest price car at a time when there were these models:

1. 6-60......$1395-1445
  2. 6-80......$1395-1595
  3. 6-90......$1695-1995
  4. 6-72......$2195-2995
  5. 8-69......$2795-3795

Yeah....but comparin' it to a Model "T" Ford at $360....the $1,445 sounds a little bit squanky, as my Grandma used to say. Your car was one of three I know about which have been used as a wedding limousine in the UK. I saw a piccie of it for sale when Occasion Cars had it 14 years ago.

If you haven't availed yourself of it already, please look at the Peerless Forum here on the AACA Forums, too. Hundreds of posts about all things Peerless.

Well its grey and black at the moment and the disc wheels seem to be relatively unusual but obviously I’m no expert on these vehicles, I’m also wondering if it was complete when it arrived here or came dismantled ... any ideas ? 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found the photo of the 1927 Peerless. I need to get it scanned an sent to you. If you want to check on the service & see if the are still around, it is

Pondwood Farm, Pondwood lane, White Waltham, Berkshire, SL63SS, United Kingdom. Mind you , this is a 14-year-old address.

• 2 years later...

Hi I am the new owner of this Peerless, I bought it on the 5 Dec 2020. Although I have yet to start on the restoration of the vehicle I am quite interested in it's history having only the California title and the make and model as well as the manufacturer's plate on the firewall to just try and trace what kind of life it had. Being as I obtained it with all the ash work previously removed, to try and reconstruct it I have been going off of images of other models for sale on the internet such as an old listing of a green and dark green 6-60 on classic promenade that was previously restored and has alot of photographs in the ad. As such I was curious if there was a section on the forum that might contain some scans of Peerless body drawings. I know I've wrote alot but if you could help to make anything clearer that would be great. Cheers Josh from Wales UK.