Sign in to follow this  
cjp69

1982 Century - 15k miles - $1599 on CL

https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d/roanoke-1982-buick-century-miles/7146480074.html

1982 Buick Century-15,171 Miles - $1599 (Roanoke)

image 5 of 14

00V0V_h4bHQ2t5BNl_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00707_boyAqCV0zRI_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00H0H_7sAwHVGWGwY_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00w0w_iNYXe6U5caD_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00W0W_9fiG1UgTaUk_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00z0z_i3W8jSL8NDD_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00E0E_9PAHKdvdQvY_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00K0K_fPBTN1EDeJI_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00z0z_WgWvoIL5Bu_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00a0a_dRQ4HlCJghU_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00p0p_fA10n5bzJoJ_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00F0F_8mmA6BCfmw_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

00y0y_iQdDxW3MxFf_0QE0Du_600x450.jpg

6360.png6360.png6359.png6359.png6361.png6361.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
13 Clover near Williamson

(google map)

1982 buick century limited

VIN: 1G4AL27R6CD488357
condition: good
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 15171
paint color: custom
size: mid-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: sedan

more ads by this user

1982 Buick Century Limited with 15,171 miles.
This Buick is a comfortable, maneuverable 2 door sedan, inching toward collectibility. It was purchased from the original owner and has been stored in a garage ever since. It is clean, well maintained and has been professionally repainted it’s original beige color. Upholstery is clean, authentic, gold with sandstone cloth, with no tears and interior roof fits tightly. Bodywork is solid and trunk is spacious. A new fuel pump and battery have just been installed. Heater core and carburetor needs work. Includes original owners manual. Sold as is. Cash only. May be seen Monday-Friday 9:30am-3:30pm at 13 Clover Ave..
Please call or text to see.
  • Like 4

Benefits of AACA Membership.

The Iron Duke.  I had one just like it in Cinnamon Brown. I loved it.  Iron Duke had good mpg. 

• Like 1

Seems odd it was repainted with 15k miles.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lancemb said:

Seems odd it was repainted with 15k miles.

Given the quality of GM paint jobs in the early '80's, it doesn't seem that unusual.

• Like 1

Our 1982 Buick Century Limited, Purchased new from Crown Buick here in Metairie, Louisiana was delivered with a "mottled" paint finish. Their body shop switched out the hood and trunk lid with another car which was slightly better. 

The 3.0L V-6 engine was moderately peppy, but the relay for the cooling system's electric fan  was problematic. just about any time we sat in line (e.g. the bank, traffic, picking up kids at school, etc), the car would overheat. While it was still in warranty the dealership (Crown Buick) would claim to make repairs - but it seemed that the car really got the "FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE WARRANTY TREATMENT". Ultimately, the warranty expired, and some years later, so did the '82, donated to a friend who felt he could fix it and make a few bucks.

The Paint never did match properly, and changing sparkplugs on the rear bank of the 3.0L V-6 required laying across the top of the engine and having eyeballs in your fingertips while a trusted friend (NEVER your bride) reaches up from underneath the car - one holding the plug, the other helping line it up , and somehow getting a wrench on it. As I recall, changing the waterpump required raising the engine from the chassis as the bolts were too long to come out in place. 

While later editions, and probably the 4-cylinder Iron Duke, were far better examples, memories of our 1982 $16,xxx blunder would result in Night-Sweats, all of which would be complicated by Crown, a dealership which hopefully is not representative of the typical Buick franchise. At the time, they just seemed not to give a damn, other than getting your deposit, getting your name on the dotted line, and getting you back in for service and maintenance at high prices.

This '82 may be a decent example, but the heater core removal/repair/replacement, as well as needed carburetor repair/rebuild,  may not necessarily be an easy fix.

• Like 3

Nothing beats personal experience with a model 

as a daily driver, such as Marty's above.  

That's why it's important for AACA and others to 

record as many historical accounts as possible--

pros and cons--for the  benefit of those who come afterward.  

• Like 2

I had an 82 Landau coupe with the iron duke, loved the car, ran it to 100k sold it to a friend, bought it back a few years hated and ran it as a winter car for a couple winters. The Iron duke run surprisingly well and has mire than adequate power 

9 hours ago, Y-JobFan said:

I had an 82 Landau coupe with the iron duke, loved the car, ran it to 100k sold it to a friend, bought it back a few years hated and ran it as a winter car for a couple winters. The Iron duke run surprisingly well and has mire than adequate power 

Wow we have something in common.  I loved my 82 Century Iron Duke. It too had the padded half roof.  Was Cinnamon Brown with tan buckets.  Got 32 mpg.  Bought it used in late 1980’s.  I was ? 24 years old and I liked the crisp styling of the 2 doors, which were rare.