WSJ Ebay story

Bhigdog

The incident speaks volumes about the management of any company/corporation without the guidance of it's founder. Since the early 1980's I have studied the history of companies after the exit of the founder and the attrition of those whom worked closely with them, roughly 20 years before the goofy stuff starts. Management of business is one of the fatal flaws of society today.

That's from the owner of a closely held type C corporation. I'm taking it with me.

Bernie

• Like 2

I've had mostly good luck with e-Bay when Amazon does not have something, particularly service manuals and information (now have a complete set of Allante service manuals in searchable .pdf. GM licensed even). Often eBay is the only alternative for some manufacturers though the specialty venders often have something obscure. Just have to be careful of location, shipping (fast and free is good), and return policies. Also need to try to read the description details very closely, sometimes the heading is rong. Best to ask a question & hope the reply is in English.

It's easy to see their tactics.  Just sell on there for a while,  you will learn the ropes quick enough.  You will also learn in short order that as a valued seller,  you're valued up their with yesterday's trash and your opinion or good suggestions have no value to the company so don't offer then.  Just keep your mouth shut and be a good little seller.

As it is,  I'm being forced (sorry I mean asked to Join) managed payments (so they can make more money off the sales) by July 15th or my selling account will be suspended.  

Feels more like I work for the mob with the ever increasing fees feeling more like protection payments. 

• Thanks 1

I had a fast and free package that I was tracking for delivery yesterday.

All I got was a slip telling  me that it was $4.99 postage due.

I put a five in the mail box and went to the USPS/deliveries page and told them about the 5 dollar bill.

Cant wait to see how this all pans out.

Out here the mail rarely gets here before 6pm.

With the huge increase in Amazon packages I wouldn't be surprised if they are losing money now.  I know amazon is probably paying by the package but if they have to run alot of extra shipments and it's not just filler for the regular routes it could actually cost them money in the end.  Not to mention increased overseas shipments coming in that are heavily leveraged against the post office to deliver.  When you can buy an item shipped from China cheaper including the cost of the item than the shipping alone in the states, you know something is really wrong the deals they negotiated for shipping. 

• Like 1