Fender Mount tool Box

Legacy Buick

Hello All:

I'm building a 1925 Buick Coupe and I'm searching for a front fender mounted tool box.  In 1975 my father and I did a 25 Buick Coupe and a few years back I found another.  He found a neat looking tool box at Hershey that mounted on the left front running board.   It was curved to fit along the front fender.  We had no idea what it came from but it fit the Buick perfectly.  I recently see pictures of 20's era Cadillacs with the same tool box.  Was this a Cadillac, GM, or just an assessory item?  If anyone has some info on these or has one available for sale I'd love to hear from you.  I'd really like to put one on my Buick.  Thank you, Larry      deuceguy@verizon.net   

25 Buick left front.jpg

They are aftermarket, usually sold by the Sears catalog. The good news, they are not expensive as most people remove them because they consider them unsightly. The bad news is they are hard to find. I would advertise in the parts wanted and general area here....and keep bumping them to the top once a week. It will take a while but you will find something. Good luck. Ed

• Like 2

I sold one at my garage sale a few years ago for I think $10 or $20.  Needed to be restored but wasn't rotten and still had much of it's old paint along with a neat Aluminum insert with a grip pattern in the top that looked like a step.  I actually think the guy came back a year later and showed me a picture on his phone of it all restored. 

I would check craigslist and facebook occasionally as well as tell any friends that are regular garage salers to keep an eye out.