1958 Buick Windshield Wiper Motor Rebuild

FireballV8

Hello

I have rebuilt the old Trico vacuum motors before, but they never worked so well. Is anyone left that redoes these motors? If I can get a new flap or fix the flap my rebuilds will work better. Anyone have any experience they can share?

Thank You

Steve

I don't like to send anything out either, but wiper motors are incredibly frustrating things to rebuild. Gaskets for some types can be found on ebay. Kits might need to be NOS/NORS? Often there is more wear in one spot (probably the middle) that makes them leak, lack power, etc. and then always stop in the same spot. There can also be warpage in the bodies. They are probably made of zinc. Ugh. IMHO send it out.

The main competition for Ficken was Kent Jaquith (Clean Sweep). He got excellent reviews. What happened to Clean Sweep is a bit confusing....

From the following thread: https://forums.aaca.org/topic/320304-trying-to-get-in-touch-with-keith-jaquith/

Dec 29, 2018    by stvaughn 

"His cell phone is not taking calls and he hasn’t responded to email. Is he still around? Need wiper motor rebuilt."

Dec 30,  2018    by hellerc

" I last spoke w/Keith in June of this year.  His nephew had taken over the rebuild business and then it became"Clean Sweep Wiper Service by MD" in Redmond, OR  Contact them at cleansweepwipers@gmail.com  541-410-5671."

I think he means Kent.

January 13, 2019  by hellerc

"I just received a flyer with new information on Clean Sweep Wiper Motors.  Now run by Melissa Klein it is at 3395 NW Elm Ave, Redmond, OR  97756  541-410-5671 cleansweepwipers@gmail.com"

In August 2019, I had my 36 Pontiac wiper motor rebuilt by Melissa Klein. Works great as near as I can tell. I haven't been in a lot of rain yet. Turnaround was fast. I'm happy.

Then, over on the VCCA forums, this thread appeared: https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/443325/wiper-motor.html

May 27, 2020   by roara

Here’s the repair guy info: guy I use: Kent Jaquith 2633 SW Obsidian Ave, No. 15
Redmond, OR 97756 Phone # 5419234319
He advertises in the G&D from time to time; does good work. Rory

(G&D is the VCCA club magazine)

June 8, 2020 by   honk1e
Hello  Just a update on my '37 chev wiper motor. I contacted Kent Jaquith in Oregon and sent him my motor. He fixed it and returned it to me in less than 1 week. Super nice guy. I am totally happy with his work and cost. If you need wiper motor work, countact Kent. You won't be disappointed. 1-541-923-4319
honk1e

So I guess Kent Jaquith is back in the game. Looks like you may have several possibilities.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Thanks for the reminder, I sent the wiper motor to Rob and I had it back in about 10 days or so. Looks brand new excellent and works real well. 

I actually remembered that he did the one on my 1955 in 2002 and it still works great. 

Thanks

Steve

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FireballV8 said:

Hi Guys

Thanks for the reminder, I sent the wiper motor to Rob and I had it back in about 10 days or so. Looks brand new excellent and works real well. 

I actually remembered that he did the one on my 1955 in 2002 and it still works great. 

Thanks

Steve

Ficken awesome!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2