Mid-1930's DODGE Splash Pan I.D. Help

Jolly_John

Hi, Gang. I just came upon two mystery splash pans among my old Dodge goodies I haven't looked at in nearly 15 years? They had been previously neatly wrapped in protective material.....obviously by me.  I'm thinking these two splash pans are either from the 1935 DODGE, KC half-ton pick-up I owned back in the day.....or the 1937 D5 business coupe I also owned at the time.

What "scares" me is that I obviously restored both of these pans back in the day. They are super straight, rust-free, and sporting very nice black paint.

I'd appreciate any help in identifying these two splash pans. Thanks in advance! John

041 (800x470).jpg

045 (800x443).jpg

047 (800x494).jpg

048 (800x509).jpg

027 (733x800).jpg

029 (800x506).jpg

037 (681x800).jpg

Hi, John. It was very good of you to take the time to shoot these photos. From your first-hand experience, after taking the pictures, do you see a similarity between your '37 sedan splash pans, and the ones I have here? It was a little hard for me to tell. Thank you again for helping. John

Looks like the bottom of the radiator shell splash pan...for the top two photos.

Not sure about the other three photos, side pans were not curved on the MC and RC.

IMG_5617.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.4749e61b5d2e5fee8bc055e65174bdda.jpg

For sure a radiator splash, I am thinking it will fit a KC, the two side "wings" would attach to the lower shell, where the front fenders also bolt in.

In other words, the splash guard, shell and both fenders all tie together.

Note you have a half circle cut out on the top, that was so you can insert the hand crank from the front and have a clear shot to the crank nut.

Also note you have 4 "ribs" as do I, this was done as it was meant to support the lower grill assembly, when you parked too close to the curb, and you scrapped the bottom....added strength.

• Like 1