Mystery Early Chassis

Desertexplorer

Trying to id this chassis which has some distinct features. I posted it on the Horseless Carriage site but so far no id. The front horns are unique in that they are cast iron and the back of the rear shackles are attached to a unique curved iron support. Also the frame has wood mounted around the whole exterior.

Thanks everyone for the help!

EC48FFE0-59A7-40EF-ACD3-1E631D863248.jpeg

60451D41-61B4-4A33-ABE4-A7D981BEACDA.jpeg

93D16812-6C37-47D6-BA43-54A1E10BE740.jpeg

0244F68D-4007-475B-923B-41376D9AEB7F.jpeg

9DEBEF3E-DFA0-47B6-8B85-B473CDF5C0E9.jpeg

A8027674-C9EF-4D66-883D-8F29F7958D27.jpeg

This is the same chassis I was inquiring about. I was sent the photos of the car about 3 weeks ago by the owner thinking I might be able to id it but without any luck so my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to post it here not knowing a post already existed of the same chassis. Anyway looks like it might have been already id’d as a Autocar. Funny thing is I just purchased an Autocar 2 cyl engine a couple weeks ago and just found 2 Autocar wheels last weekend what are the odds, I think that the engine and wheels I got may be a little later possibly early to mid-teens?

Edited by Desertexplorer (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Desertexplorer said:

This is the same chassis I was inquiring about. I was sent the photos of the car about 3 weeks ago by the owner thinking I might be able to id it but without any luck so my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to post it here not knowing a post already existed of the same chassis. Anyway looks like it might have been already id’d as a Autocar. Funny thing is I just purchased an Autocar 2 cyl engine a couple weeks ago and just found 2 Autocar wheels last weekend what are the odds, I think that the engine and wheels I got may be a little later possibly early to mid-teens?

Would a later 2 cylinder Autocar engine be from a truck?

5 hours ago, Desertexplorer said:

yeah, I’m sure the engine and wheels are for the truck. Wheels are wood spoke hard rubber real heavy, almost certainly truck. Engine is probably truck could be early as 1910 maybe?

Jay Leno has an 2 cylinder Autocar truck I think. Probably knows all about them.