3Eagles

1928 Chrysler series 72 top bows

I am looking for roadster top wood patterns or useable pieces for my 28 series 72. I do not have any wood to make patterns from. I understand some patterns were available from the Chrysler Museum but they said they no longer have that service. I've been looking for several years. Any recommendation of who has made or can make my bows will be appreciated. The picture attached is the type of hold down my top uses. The wood is not mine.

topholddown.jpg

Benefits of AACA Membership.

I would also accept an old rotted piece that I can make a pattern from.

We can certainly steam bend a set for you if you can find patterns. We can also do them from sketches and measurements but we can only make them as accurate as the drawings and measurements.

Where are you located? I do not have any samples of the wood. I have collected a few pictures. I basically want to be able to put the top up and down, This is not a restoration more of a home built. My biggest concern is the front header bow. I have a set of hold downs and a new set of irons. If you can give me a ballpark estimate it would help. I've been laid off for Covid since March but I want to get this top done.

topbow3.jpg.fdda53fbdcf08934850b63cbb096dcdc.jpgtopbow.thumb.jpeg.e0ce51a70c686dae4f87aa0c6fec7321.jpegtopbow1.jpeg.4233f91d4b015f07c59fdea3ae2bfb8f.jpeg

Bow connection at the rear.

topholddown.jpg

topholddown1.jpg