Uses for those old signs.

zipdang

I found an Oilzum sign that  was used as a floor patch.

I was offered $500 for it.

It still sits proudly on my wall.

They used old license plates and auto signs to patch the holes that rats chewed into the old grain bins and hay storage of my carriage house. It's not uncommon around here in dairy country to see old signs patching the outsides of farm outbuildings.

Paul

Edited by PFitz (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I used an old NJ license plate and bent it about 45 degrees by using a drawer edge to make up for a slightly rusted area between the floor and toe-board on the passenger side of my first '49 Pontiac convertible. As a high school senior with three newspaper routes and a weekend dance band to supply funding, It was an affordable and solid fix with some roofing tar and sheetmetal screws.

• Like 1

That font for the Dodge lettering was used circa 1933-1938, so I would assume the sign is from the same time frame.

Oh my ... it's kinda like calculating an actual age of dinosaur, hah. Sometimes signs can mean way more than we usually think. I've read couple of articles, one of the best is here ( weblink: https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-11-meaning/ ), where numerology shows how we can configure our lives and make decision based on numbers.

Edited by darrell8Z (see edit history)