1935 50 series Buick engine for sale

Jim Nelson

Running 50 series engine and transmission.    I replaced it with a  rebuilt  38-40 series engine that I had  as a spare from my 38-46s.     All accessories good.  Oil pressure in the mid thirties.    My  '35-50'  radiator was modifiable so  kept it.  I don't want to junk it.  Good Marval carb. 

8E4DA32B-C590-40E9-9026-1CF266D1A717.jpeg

EEF92D63-EAE4-42A7-9E2D-1390FB97F780.jpeg

11DED3D0-1AD2-46EB-876A-77F8FA6B8CA4.jpeg

• Like 2

Know what you mean.   My engine comes with the transmission.    I'd love to find a set of 35-40 wheels.     I think the 34-40 wheels are the same.    How is your 'wood' ?      The only place mine is questionable it in the right rear,  upper corner around the trunk lid.    Other than that is seems to be in good shape.    

Its the engine complete with all the accessories you see.    Carb (Marvel),  starter, transmission without the pedals,  generator,  fuel pump,  etc.    I have two more oil filters  stashed away  (the orange colored units) that are quite expensive if you check it out,      Basically, torque ball forward to the fan.      I drove it around several blocks when I bought it so I could see pressures and temps.    I can get more pix if you need them.   I converted from the 35-50 series power package to a 38-40 series  power package,  torque ball forward to the fan.    I also have the power brake booster unit and the vacuum  controller (?).    Take  I-75  south to the Tampa / St. Pete area and your here.   If you like putting your toe in the Gulf,  I'm about a mile or so to the Clearwater Beach area.    

On 6/22/2020 at 8:34 AM, Jim Nelson said:

How about $200  ?  Is that tolerable ?   

Hi Jim The  $200 is fin But what is the to Ca. 92503 that the big thing.   I have a 35 4door also and may have hubcap.  When my wife gets out of hospital I will look. Tom

8 hours ago, Spurlin said:

Hi Jim The  $200 is fin But what is the to Ca. 92503 that the big thing.   I have a 35 4door also and may have hubcap.  When my wife gets out of hospital I will look. Tom

Call FedEx or Fastenal. It will need to be on a pallet and strapped down.

Here is Fastenal information.  https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/3pl-third-party-logistics

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

I understand Fastenal is the best / least expensive way to ship something like an engine.    You drop it at their closest dock to you and they will move it to their destination dock that is closest to your destination. Look it up to find out how they wanted it palleted and strapped down.    Basically,  you drop and they move it and you pick up.     They have "dead head"  trucks moving their product around and this way they can make it a bit more money when they would normally have little or non.    An empty truck costs and you will go broke if you can't keep them making money.    We will have to adjust to take advantage of their opportunity.     JMHO    When opportunity knocks,  listen - - 

• Like 1