1965 Mercury Wiper Vacuum Line Routing

I need to know how the vacuum lines for the intermittent wiper system are routed.  There are two ports on the delay modulator and three ports on the wiper switch.  The lines on my Colony Park were cut when I got the car.  The shop manual mentions nothing about the intermittent function except how the switch should be operated.  I have been unable to find anything on the web about them except that they were notoriously unreliable.  I found a wiring diagram for the wipers but there is no mention of the vacuum lines.  Anybody have any insights on how to plumb the switch and governor/modulator?  Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Oops.  Just now seeing this response.  Thank you, JJ!  I've sent you a private message on the matter.  If we are able to solve this mystery, I'll post the findings so that nobody else has to go through the ordeal.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this topic. I had the feature on my 65 Mercury and it worked fine for the 3 years that I owned the car. I don't have the shop manual or remember the hose routing. You might find these links some help.

https://www.fordfe.com/anyone-have-any-knowledge-on-the-1966-mercury-inte-t85987.html

https://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1995

Hi, Tom:  Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and provide some references.  Unfortunately, it appears that most of the contributors in the links know even less about the system than I do.  I was able to get some information from Mr. MacPherson with the Horseless Carriage Club museum.  He solved the mystery about which color hoses connect to the two nipples on the controller but I'm still clueless about what hoses connect to the three nipples on the switch.  Anyway, I know the information is out there; I just have to find it.  

Our local library used to have the AllData books in their reference section. They would have a vacuum hose diagram for your Mercury. I think that they went to the all online system last year and I don't think that their system goes back to 1965.

You could check in the Technical section of this Forum to see if anybody has access to the data from 1965.

I will try a guess as to how the vacuum hoses are connected, if you can tell me how the hoses are connected on the controller and how your windshield washer is operated.