1926 Studebaker hood latches interchange

JRA

Hello,

I am looking for hood latches/hooks for my 1926 Studebaker big six, EP. Once I am having a hard time to find them, I would like to know if there are other years with the same part, so I could interchange it. 

Find below a picture of an original 1926 hood latch.

Anyway, if there is any available for sale, I am interested.

Thanks, JRA

1C6531AD-E3AE-4E30-9EA7-F4E6FF3AFED9.jpeg

I don't know if the helps but from the parts book the 1925 big six and special six used hood lock # 109490. The interesting thing is that the bodies, plungers, springs seem to remain the same for many years. The only thing that changes is the handle on top. Do you have your handles?

The Big and Special sixes used hood lock # 30571 from at least 1919 through 1924 according to the parts book and the internals and lower bodies are the same on these as the 1925 latches.

Sorry I don't have a parts book for 1926 big sixes.

Unfortunately my car has no original latches. If I am able to buy at least one, I can try to reproduce them. Thanks 

On 6/11/2020 at 6:52 PM, rbk said:

I believe I have at least one.

My wife passed away earlier this week and I won't have a chance to look for them for awhile .Please have patience

Sorry for your loss, and thanks for your help. JRA

• 1 month later...

Being on both sides of this process for a number of years, it's rare you find all you want at the same time so, I'll chime in on the process that worked for me and many others....

You buy all of Bob's lot.  Then someone else will chime in with one or two others and you grab those.  Then a third person will have one more and you end up with a set.  You now become the curator of the orphaned parts for someone else who posts a need in the future or someone may contact you asking about the ones you didn't use. It's kind of like paying it forward in a way.

Scott