Fuel pump

When buying any product that touches gasoline, make sure you read the statement that it is compatible with E10 gas.

Very few of our old familiar parts can be used with E10.

When I was trying to buy an elect fuel pump, I asked if it were E10 compliant.

They never could say it was, except a racing pump in the $100 plus range.

PS, if your "rubber" fuel lines are a few years old, change them before they start a fire.

Then and Now Automotive manufactures their kits with ethanol-friendly diaphragms. I believe they are an advertiser on these forums.

The Carter pump may be an issue. Carter had more than 50 percent of the carburetor business, but not a lot of the fuel pump business. Kit might be difficult.

Jon.

• Like 1

What year make and model is this fuel pump going on??? My books don't show a MO973 it shows a MO873 only recheck your number and I have used a fuel pump on my 1942 Chevy truck for 15 years with a Neoprene Diaphragm using regular 87% Octane gas with no trouble. I personally think  this sales hip about ethanol-friendly diaphragms is a bunch of you know what, I have sold hundreds of fuel pumps with Neoprene Diaphragms over the 40 years of selling parts to my knowledge with no complaints. Will a AC fuel work for you???

Marv. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mribbich@wi.rr.com said:

What year make and model is this fuel pump going on??? My books don't show a MO973 it shows a MO873 only recheck your number and I have used a fuel pump on my 1942 Chevy truck for 15 years with a Neoprene Diaphragm using regular 87% Octane gas with no trouble. I personally think  this sales hip about ethanol-friendly diaphragms is a bunch of you know what, I have sold hundreds of fuel pumps with Neoprene Diaphragms over the 40 years of selling parts to my knowledge with no complaints. Will a AC fuel work for you???

Marv. 

Marv, it’s on a mid 50s International RD450. Here is a pic of it

E1C7F3EF-58C6-48BD-8E01-38F3FCCCADE6.jpeg