1952 Pontiac Catalina - PA - Estate Sale - Not Mine

For Sale on Craigslist  1952 Pontiac Catalina 2-Door Hardtop in North Pittsburgh, PA  -  $22,500  -  Call Tim  724  448  8094

Link:  https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/sarver-1952-pontiac-catalina/7138515470.html

Seller's Description:

We have here a beautiful 1952 Pontiac Catalina with a awesome
original two tone paint (redone) colors. This is a turn-key
car that from Jackson, Mississippi with no rust issues. This are
very hard to find in this condition, It is awesome to see, the chrome
alone was very expensive have redone. The price of this car does
not even come close of the money put in to it.
Please call Tim at 724 448 8094 for details. Please do not e-mail
and will not reply, this is estate sale.

image.png.389e570b127d1e99d470527608ad3fda.png

image.png.3096dac6508eca1101619e688d34008f.png

image.png.0aa20ff7e0cc145cdbb62f4d560a8939.png

image.png.bde72f1471033ed5dca0cae3093ea0f0.png

image.png.e3b683b638ba74cc5ad5cce2947e5062.png

image.png.571654e1e545d0faf7de85899072b800.png

• Like 2

A older friend of mine has an identical 1952 Catalina hardtop (minus the outside visor) with the straight 8, exact same colors and interior. His does have the light up hood ornament but it's stored away in a garage in town and hasn't been driven much in the past 10 years or so. I remember driving it and it ran great with a very smooth shifting Dual Range Hydramatic. It's in presentable condition but the one for sale is much better cosmetically.

• Like 1

Now that's a gorgeous Pontiac!  It's a Catalina too.  I hope the engine area and undercarriage are as gorgeous as the interior and exterior...  If my garage wasn't full I would want to buy it.

GLWTS!!!!! 

Edited by deac (see edit history)

Beautiful car. Mounted above the speedometer is an optical driving aid. I've only seen it one other time and that was on another Pontiac from that same time frame. What were they for?

1 minute ago, Fossil said:

Beautiful car. Mounted above the speedometer is an optical driving aid. I've only seen it one other time and that was on another Pontiac from that same time frame. What were they for?

It's actually quite common.  It's for aiding in seeing traffic lights with the external sun visor.  It's often called a view finder.  Usually teh GM ones were made by Guide.  I believe Fulton made them as well.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fossil said:

It’s there so you can see a traffic light when the sunshade over the windshield is installed.  My 1951 Chieftain had that too.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the replies. In 1986 I was offered a 1950 Pontiac that had one of those. I can remember setting in the seat and looking at that thing and couldn't figure out what it would be for. Now after all these years the answer. 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

about looks like they copied a 50 Chrysler hardtop coupe.

well pontiac had in their headquarter's lobby, a 1949 Catalina prototype in the late 1948 year and throughout the 1949 year. if anything, it was chrysler responding to the 1949 Cadillac and Buick two door hardtops.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

How do the rear quarter windows on this model roll down?  On the Chrysler they roll towards the back in an arc and then down.

just below the lower front corner of the rear side glass is the pivot point, so when the window is cranked open, it rotates into the body.