anyone selling a black or white tc?

There don't seem to be many non-yellow or red TC's for sale in So Cal these days. Sometimes I think about getting another TC but I just can't see going over 3500 for one when I know the work they'll need. That puts me out of the running for the 'never selling' TC's listed around the dealer sites or the 'me too' pricing on the craigslist and offer up ones.  White/ginger V6 would be my preferred combination but the Cabernet/Bordeaux (spelling of French words is crazy, the double dose of wine) with woodgrain might just get me into a turbo 89. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ghostymosty said:

There don't seem to be many non-yellow or red TC's for sale in So Cal these days. Sometimes I think about getting another TC but I just can't see going over 3500 for one when I know the work they'll need. That puts me out of the running for the 'never selling' TC's listed around the dealer sites or the 'me too' pricing on the craigslist and offer up ones.  White/ginger V6 would be my preferred combination but the Cabernet/Bordeaux (spelling of French words is crazy, the double dose of wine) with woodgrain might just get me into a turbo 89. 

my first one was red/tan..then white/black...now yellow/ginger....I contacted the ones that we all kept seeing for the last 2 years ( that black ones that never sell) none of them is willing to go lower than 8900...I like your black/black version! :)  I could "live" with a white/black again...

with so many unknown factors...how much would you actually offer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164222123116

from the seller: I bought the car out of Eugene Oregon with no engine or transmission. The guy I bought it from had tried to put a Spirit RT motor in it. Towed out here to Kenosha. Found a yellow 1990 16 valve with a bad repaint and bad turbo and found a red 1989 16 valve that was cut into two pieces and barely welded together. Between the 2 of them Mike Everson, who was a Chrysler trained tech, went completely through the engines and put one back together with the best parts. There was 166 or 167k on the odometer when I bought it. I'm selling it because I have 13 cars and am trying to down size. Black exterior, interior and top with California emissions makes it one of four. It was a stock rebuild on the engine. It has been driven about 200 miles since the rebuild. Odometer doesn't work, abs light is on, headlight bulb is out. Hood has been repainted , have stock rims. No rust and has never been on a salty road.Runs great, shifts are tight. 

The triple black on ebay looks like one I would stay away from. I see quite a few little 'fixes' that were done improperly and have caused damage. Examples are reglue of the hardtop lower trim on the sides, looks like adhesive got away from someone. High miles on an odometer with zeros on the tripmeter would require checking that the tripmeter actually works to put away thoughts of super high mileage on the car. One of the doors shows that the stainless insert has been cut short. Underhood has rusting fasteners and areas that are nearly impossible to clean show evidence of possible salt spray that can be concealed in body seams just waiting to swell up and come out. Lower body paint looks like possible heavy areas of road rash, the floor looks smoother than the imperfections in the paint. All of these concerns may be cancelled with an in person inspection showing no issues at all, just photography that should have been better. The antenna is a roughly 100 dollar fix but the closeups of the rear reflector seem to show multiple hairline cracks. 

The white/black one in AZ looks like a truly nice car worth looking at. 

just inspected the pics again...now I see even more flaws...so it has 160something kmiles...original radiator and accumulator...and the muffler also looks like it's gonna fall off by the time I arrive in CA....the white one is actually flawless and everything works....zero zero zero rust! on nothing...was always parked in a climate controlled garage...

14k for the black is a moonprice - should be more like 4.8 for the status of it...I'd prefer black...but white with black interior is something I love as well...but then again 12k....is also a chunk of money for a TC..

And I have to correct myself on the black TC. Today at work I remembered that these cars have an anti-chip coating on the rocker panels that gives a pebbly finish, that is what I am seeing on the black one vs the smoother concrete finish that I thought should be reflected. That is why an in person inspection is needed on these cars to verify flaws or not flaws. Both those prices seem high to me but I'm a cheapskate who wouldn't drive a manual trans in SoCal since I would wear the clutch out fast with all the stop and go (and I like to power shift for fun!) If you are 2 to 3 thousand over what you think value should be on the white one you should still be OK, just keep it garaged.