!!!BEWARE OF THIS SCAM!!!

Timeless

Somebody by the name of Jason Mitchell ,if that's even there real name, was attempting to scam me into buying this cooler. Please watch out for him  or any other offers of people insisting you pay friends or family payments or zelle or any other for of payment that doesn't have fraud protection.The way it started of is was by me posting a wanted ad and then I get contacted by someone referring me to the supposed person with the item and then it goes on from there. PLEASE WATCHOUT FOR SCAMS!!!

image.jpeg

Edited by Timeless
Spelling (see edit history)

I always use friends and Family.  Have bought several thousand dollars worth of stuff this way.  The only thing paying straight up does is make the seller need to collect more money to cover the fees. Several people will only take payment that way.  Can't blame them either I get sick of paying several thousands of dollars in fees a year as well, since my business is an online one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get to know your buyer , get to know your seller.

Most people that buy from me ask to use " friends & family."

It's an open option that paypal offers.

I don't see a scam in the brief description , but I might be missing it. ?

If you are uncomfortable with the sellers terms , pass on the purchase , or work something else out.  

Edited by roysboystoys (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I agree it’s not as safe as other payment options, but the times I have sold something I offered to do PayPal with a 10% increase to cover the charges most people use the friends and family option! I have also taken personal checks with a 5 day period between deposits and shipping for it to totally clear, and the best is a USPS Money order which is cashed as I ship the parts so I know it’s legitimate. Have to agree it’s never perfect, but also knowing something about the seller helps out with the antacid use...

Person refused to answer any calls and when I tried to call it was a weird calling service and on top of that those pictures were taken from an ad 6 years old, pictures were probably taken off google images. I also understand not paying seller fees through friends and family but crooks also know it's a good way to get away with other people's money.

Edited by Timeless (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Timeless said:

Person refused to answer any calls and when I tried to call it was a weird calling service and on top of that those pictures were taken from an ad 6 years old, pictures were probably taken off google images. I also understand not paying seller fees through friends and family but crooks also know it's a good way to get away with other people's money.

Thanks for more info , your instincts were probably right ,considering the image issue and communication problems.

2 hours ago, roysboystoys said:

Thanks for more info , your instincts were probably right ,considering the image issue and communication problems.

Agree, and it’s why you should know something about the person selling or buying before sending anything out. It’s also why the “newbies” here are regarded with such caution as to a point of being offensive which tends to happen all too often... 

I am glad you were not scammed, it was very smart to do enough research on the photos!