Touring rear doors

JO BO

These are rock solid.    Very nice restoration items.   Do you know model?  I can’t believe the numerous models offered by Chrysler late 20’s  earl 30’s.   Imperial as well. Thanks.if you need interior measurements additional pics would be no problem

• Like 1

Good morning JO BO,

I have looked at my doors today and they measure up pretty much the same as yours, but there are some differences in design. This may be due to mine being Canadian built, or a different year or model. I may be able to use them but would like to clarify a few dimensions, I have edited your pictures, if you could give me some extra measurements please, see below.

1287039511_C70door3.jpeg.6ba7904974c082a205b5d60a59b62280.jpeg Please confirm this is the 1inch you mentioned ?

155143512_C70door4.jpg.223b600ef06887ab0d0221ed6bac2960.jpg

Can you measure A B and C as above please, mine has a male dovetail mounted at A

423233684_C70door2.jpeg.ad9ea61686a837d0cb47a1bff9822a6a.jpeg

My hinges are different, so would like to see if D, E and F measure up the same.

1073966324_C70door6.jpeg.3356cf679c272d7a529bf155d116c9e3.jpeg

Want to confirm the above measurements are the same and what is the width of the beltline please?

Chryslers of this era changed so much and often, that I need to be sure they will work for me.

Many thanks

Regards

Viv.

try searching 1927 to 1928 chrysler's and there models, as the exterior handles are those years,

In 1929 they changed to a different style looking handle and used chrome on skin versus the old brass clad crimpover skin design, then went on to cast pot metal chrome handles

The Inside handles are definately mopar 28-32 Roadster only

My guess its one of the 1928 Chrysler Cars, series 52, 60, 62, 70 finer, 70, 72, 80 I think thats all of them LOL😎

Thanks for the info. The outside handles on these doors have some kind of black inlaid material..don't think it's a heavy paint and the piece between the handle and door skin is the the same material  kinda looks like a black porcelain...not sure though.

I can't find a Chrysler of that year with that bead and interior flap design......wonder if it they are something else?

Edited by JO BO (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, JO BO said:

Thanks for the info. The outside handles on these doors have some kind of black inlaid material..don't think it's a heavy paint and the piece between the handle and door skin is the the same material  kinda looks like a black porcelain...not sure though.

The black material is Bakelite.

22 minutes ago, 28 Chrysler said:

My early  US made 1928 Model 62 touring car the rear door is  20 1/4" high,  22 1/8 across the top,   14 1/2" across the bottom and  17 1/4" from the bottom to the bead.

Thanks 28 Chrysler.....so yours are larger in all aspects than my 2 doors. except across bottom.    My doors have a nice leather look with a pattern hard to see from poor pictures. What do your handles/interior look like?  

Hi; I have measurements.....yes the 1 inch you  have for top door strip is correct. 

A=. 2 1/2”

B =3”

C=3  1/8”

D=3 1/16” inner most edge.  3 1/4” At door skin. So little angle

E =3 5/8”

F=4 3/8”

H= 15 1/2” at curve bottom below handle, 15  5/8” dead center of door and 15 3/4” at hinges so varies.

K= 1 1/2”

J= 2 1/4”

M= 9 3/8”

The bead (belt line)is 5/8” wide.

all measurements taken with solid metal yardstick so no flex tape measure metal tab miscorrections.

Morning BO JO,

I have just been checking ,my back doors are virtually identical measurements to yours. Considering these cars were probably hand finished there is bound to be very slight variations within a 1/16th of an inch.

Your actual hinges are very similar but of slightly different design, however the mounting positions are the same, the handle holes tally, so I would say we have a match.

I have been checking to try and figure out exactly what body I have, it has this Chrysler firewall tag with 51522,

A11.JPG.22772b72e01c1c0e64036a42b40262eb.JPG

I thought it was Canadian built, due to the Windsor Canada on it, but looking at the info I have, Canadian numbers do not go this high for either 1925 or 26,

Detroit numbers for 1925 run from 1001 to 55800, so I guess my body is late 25 USA production.( see my request today in the general section)

Looking in George Dammans book "70 years of Chrysler" it would appear they offered a series 70 tourer  and a series 70 phaeton in the early years, one of the differences was the phaeton had paint protector pads on top of the doors and the tourer did not. 

I have restored 1927 and 1928 model 50 and 52 tourers , these doors of yours will not fit either of those cars, as they are much thicker across the top.

Your doors will fit the early model 70, maybe the G70 and possibly the early model 58 and 60.

Should you wish to sell them, please may I have first option, many thanks

Best regards

Viv.

May have to check with those......My brother bought a 1917 Case car years ago at an auction and these were in the back seat of it ,but definitely didn't go to it...so has been a decades long mystery.  may be the model 70 or G70        or maybe the super rare Excaliber Ritz 3A  of which only 5 were built and only one exists complete, except for rear doors.   LOL....Thanks