Got a caption for this photo?

Lebowski

I had a truck driver almost over turn his entire semi in front of my shop once. The driver was not paying attention and drove right into the ditch. The ground was soft and the trailer and truck were listing heavily, like a battleship after being torpedoed. After some tense moments and a couple tow trucks all was well. This was not a company I had used before. None of the cars were harmed inside the truck. The driver told me he was going to go back home and find a different job. I removed the name of the company from the truck because we can all have a bad day.

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

Edited by Brass is Best (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 6/5/2020 at 4:25 PM, Brass is Best said:

I had a truck driver almost over turn his entire semi in front of my shop once. The driver was not paying attention and drove right into the ditch. The ground was soft and the trailer and truck were listing heavily, like a battleship after being torpedoed. After some tense moments and a couple tow trucks all was well. This was not a company I had used before. None of the cars were harmed inside the truck. The driver told me he was going to go back home and find a different job. I removed the name of the company from the truck because we can all have a bad day.

t3.jpg

One winter night, I was driving a compact car on an interstate where the road forms a V down one steep hill and right back up another.  The road was icy and a double line of cars was struggling up the hill.  I was downhill in the passing lane, almost at the bottom.  I looked in the mirror and saw a semi skidding down in my lane.  Figured I was about to die in a burning car after being crushed by a runaway truck.  Nothing I could do except clench my sphincter and pray.  The guy was a helluva driver.  He took to the median ditch just before he hit me and ended up a couple cars ahead, leaning about like your picture.  I can still see that trailer rushing past my side window, looked like a freight train.  I don't know how he managed to keep it from jacknifing or rolling.

19 hours ago, Jim Bollman said:

Seems to be a regular problem.

oops.jpg

Hi, Jim...I believe the pharmacy sign in the background says it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Years ago at Hershey there was a freshly restored RR on a rollback in the old Blue Field. The truck had sideswiped another vehicle on its way to the show,  ripping the crap out of the right side of the Rolls. The left side was still in perfect condition.  As the rules for judging now stand there would have been no deduction for damage that happened on the way to the show.  Wish I had a picture.

• Thanks 1