'57 Roadmaster Power Steering Box

364nailhead

May I assume you are referring to the steering gear, or are you talking about the power steering pump?  Regardless, how adept are you with tools and the Buick Service manual?  Some here have rebuilt theirs, some others have had them rebuilt.  No matter which method you choose, some have been happy with the results, some have not.  

Oh, the power steering gear leaking. Not the power steering pump. Anyway, took the advice from Cabellero2 to take off power steering gear from car and send off to have rebuilt. It was sent off today. I asked a buddy of mine to take it off. I dont have a lift. And Im not any younger then I used to be. There were actually two issues going on the driver side of the car. Power steering gear leak, and a engine oil leak just reaking havic on the underside half way back the frame rail... The leak from the engine was diagnoised as a valve cover gasket on drivers side bank. Hopefully, this will resolve oil and power steering gear leak... Here are some pics.. Cause we all like pictures! Oh, and also some cracks in the power steering hoses, that need replaced. The third pic shows Buick green after all these years. Looks like flouresant green its just the lighting of how the pic was taken...

8623.jpeg

8624.jpeg

8625.jpeg

8626.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...