Wood Steering Wheel Identification

Hello!

Another barn find.  This is a neat looking steering wheel which appears to be made out of 2 pieces of wood (see photos).  It is 17" in diameter.  Any help with identification would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

steering wheel 1.jpg

steering wheel 2.jpg

steering wheel 3.jpg

To my eye it is more typical in style of pre WW1, perhaps a truck.  I shall have to look at photos of the FWD truck I had.   That one was complete and driveable, and fairly correct except for the embellishment of a C-cab, which was probably   sufficient to keep the crew dry if it was not raining.   I let it go to the War Memorial Museum in Canberra.  They have long owned a huge photo of such an FWD with a 5inch gun in tow behind it.   When  dealer/organizer of restoration work brought the exec. from the museum here, he neither introduced him nor told me he had quoted them for purchasing the truck to match the old photo; nor did he disclose that his contract was to purchase from me , transport to his place of business, make FWD driveable, and have it transported to the museum in Canberra. I did not come down in the last shower;  and I knew that if you shook hands on a deal with Nick it was prudent to count your fingers before and after.    So I asked if the man would like to see it run.  "No No No No "  from Shifty.   The fuel was on, magneto switched to run, choke and hand throttle set.  Gears were in neutral.  I showed that the exhaust was cold, then with two pulls over compression it was running smoothly.

I was happy to see the FWD go to the museum for good purpose and good care and respect.   I have the photo of my father's oldest brother, Rueben on his enlistment.  He was18yo, and holding a wooden make-believe rifle.      Re was reported missing in actioning the first week of hostilities at Cape Hellas,  Gallipoli.     All they could find where he was, was a shell hole.   He was de-listed, and his belongings were sent home.      Well, he must have been blown up in the air, and landed un-recognizable and un-responsive.  We do not know how long he spent in hospital care in England; and nobody told the family that he may have survived.     Much later he was reported by a Red Cross witness from the Western Front.   He had his own name, but re-enlisted with a different regimental number.    He was standing with another soldier who was carrying a big load of "Mills bombs", which is what the original hand- grenades were called.  Rueben was throwing grenades along a German trench; and another Aussie was doing the same from the other end of the same trench,  to evacuate the Germans in between.  The Red Cross observer reported that all the Mills bombs blew up at once, apparently because one was dropped and the safety pin fell out.   No remains were identifiable.  It is an unenviable achievement to be blown up Twice in different theatres of the same war,  ( but only properly killed the second time,).             I have done a bit of steam bending, and there are difficult tricks.    You need the softened, plasticized timer around a form  you can clamp it to:   You need a trap of steel sheet round the outside,  with right angle ends to constrain the softened timber so  the timber does not slip and separate at the ends.