1933 Buick 57 torque ball swap, are they interchangeable?

Chuck S

Greetings, I am hoping someone out there has some knowledge on pre-war torque balls. I have a 33-57 minus a rear end. I've located one out of a 1936 40 series. Torque tube length and axel width measure up. Lug pattern and brakes do not but I can work with that I believe.

The seller who is a few hours away was kind enough to take measurements for me and the biggest issue is the input shaft size is 1/4 inch smaller on the 36 and the flange bolt spacing is different.

He has the transmission that goes with the rear (which doesn't match up to my bell housing). Of course.. And the bell housing has the starter on the wrong side.

Last ditch effort on this one, does anyone out there know if the torque balls from a 1936 and a 1933 are interchangeable? I'm almost certain the answer will be NO, as nothing else seems to match up.

FYI the 36 has a slightly more forgiving ratio at 4.4 where '33 was 4.7

This plays into my motivation to make this work as does the lack of availability or the part itself. 

Thank you for reading all this!

I am in upstate NY and if you have a rear or other parts please contact me and thanks!

-Chuck

Hi Chuck,    I sent you a rather long e-mail references your problem.    I've been down your path so look it over and let me know.     You have several big  problems that are solvable.   E-Mail me at oldbuickjim@gmail  for a long detailed items.