Sign in to follow this  
Frank Wilkie

Pulling brake hub 1928 Diamond T truck

I've got a 1927/28/or29 diamond T truck model 302 with a Hercules wxb motor.  Can't determine the year exactly.  Anyway I have been trying to remove the rear wheel hub off but it won't budge. I've backed off the brake shoes.  The puller just won't budge it..  Any suggestions?  Also I can't find any literature  about this truck. 

DSC04055.JPG

DSC04056.JPG

DSC04057.JPG

DSC03903.JPG

Benefits of AACA Membership.

You need the USA made heavy duty version of this and a sledge hammer.

drum puller 2.JPG

Put the axle nut back on a few threads and pull the drum with the puller. The drum may want to fly off, so that is the reason to put the nut back on.

Ok...  Now on the hunt for this type of wheel puller..  I think I know where one is..  Thanks...

These pullers can generally be found on E-Bay in the $75-$100. range.  Money well spent

DO NOT USE ONE MADE IN CHINA!

• Thanks 1

Good advice so far especially  leaving the nut on. I had one that was really stuck and under a lot of pressure from the puller. I warmed it up a little with the torch and hit the center puller end with a heavy brass hammer and it finally came off. If I had been standing in front of it I would still be limping.

Dave

• Like 1

I have 1929 chevrolet, and when I want to take the back drum off, I loosen the wheel nut ( the one holding the axle to the drum)  and drive the car in a circle, left for one side, right for the other side. This tends to push the wheel out, after a minute of driving, I check to see if the wheel nut is hard up against the wheel- jack up wheel and drum comes off with wheel.