Studebakering Update

Jaybokay

I've been helping my mom's business out as a courier using my own car, and I went ahead and gave a homeless man some badly needed PPE on Clematis Street. It felt great to help in my own small way. Even if you don't have a Studebaker, you can join in too by just doing small things that would improve other people's lives in a big way. We need it now more than ever. 

Perfect Front.JPG

Perfect Interior.JPG

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jaybokay said:

I've been helping my mom's business out as a courier using my own car, and I went ahead and gave a homeless man some badly needed PPE on Clematis Street.

Good work there, Jake.  But just be careful using your own car for what is a commercial business, as your current insurance won't properly cover you.  If your mom gets real busy, it might be worth your while to buy yourself a small hatchback to haul parcels around in, and keep the wear-and-tear off your beautiful Hawk.

Craig

• Like 3

We had a young kid that wanted a job with us in the computer industry. A high school drop out but a good kid with no skills. He asked if he could deliver our output labels and reports in his car. I said yes but only if he would go back and get his GDI. I said we would pay him an hourly wage for school then he could deliver for us and we would pay an hourly plus gas. This worked great for about a year. He was coming back to the office in Westchester Outside of Chicago when two black Cadillacs forced him off the Ike expressway. Four guys got out in suits and all four opened their coats to show they were packing. They proceeded to tell him he had to join the union or next time they just wouldn’t pull him over they would stop him from delivering in the city of Chicago. 
He was so frightened and worried when he got back to the office he didn’t know what to do. We told him not to worry we would finish paying for his school time and help him with junior college. The kid did well not only got his GDI but got an associate degree from jr college in two years and worked for us for another five years. He moved on to the west coast and still writes every year. Good kid that needed help. I tell that so you know it may not only be insurance you need to be careful about, unions, local and state laws may also come into play. Sometimes some of them don’t just notify you may be in violation of the rules. 
dave s 

• Like 1