1929 Chrysler 65 clutch plate options

Hi Everyone and thanks in advance 

I’m trying to find a replacement clutch plate for my 1929 Chrysler 65 as my one is cracked and cannot be re-lined. Does anyone now of what other vehicles used the same plate and are interchangeable as this is giving me and the clutch rebuilders a bit of grief. Any help would be really appreciated. Cheers Ben 

Hey mate, do you have pic of the clutch plate? Where is the crack located on the plate?

Surely a good clutch shop should be able to add (rivet) a more modern clutch ring around the centre hub.

According to my Chilton Interchange you the 1929 model 65 matches 8 other cars

Chrysler

‘28 62
’29-‘30 66

’29-‘30 70 to serial 17075

Dodge

’27 124 4cyl

’28 128 4cyl

’28 Victory 6

’28 Standard 6

’28-30 DA6

This is from the 1934 Chilton Interchangeable Parts Handbook, it has come in handy a few times and can be found on ebay.

Edited by richasco (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks Everyone for the info, I had a call from the clutch people yesterday afternoon saying they thought they had tracked down a modern equivalent but wouldn’t know for sure if it would work until today. So fingers crossed it will work otherwise I might head next door and steal the one out of Dads DA Dodge I’m sure he won’t miss it 🙄🤣. Thanks again and I will keep you posted on what we discover. 

• Like 1

Yeah I’m just waiting to see how it all pans out but I’m pretty confident that it will be all good as the clutch people I have it with while not the cheapest but they are very thorough and their work quality is high. Hopefully I will see it next week. I will report back on what plate they used and how it looks.

Cheers Ben