Beware of a new scam I had pulled on me in broad day light.

Just got a new email from him.  His email is in Quotation marks.

He sticks to the same stories.  

Owes brother money on a loan he needs to pay back, Claims the other party "Bob" is a Friend to his brother to get the better deal.  Does roof work, mentioned several times in the original scam about that. 

"Hey Bob might as well forget the deal, during today while speaking to my brother about him selling his car he started bringing up the past about a loan I had taken from him almost a year ago and now he’s telling me that I forgot to pay him his  one thousand dollar loan which in fact during the end of last winter his front roof was caving in so I did the ripping and putting the waterproof tarp and new shingles on for him which from any contractor would have cost him between 3 and 5 grand so we called it even and now he’s forgetting so we argued over this issue all day long and now he’s telling me to tell my friend (you) to forget it.. he said if I can come up with the thousand than he will consider selling it, so after talking I asked him that if I can get my friend (you) to pay my thousand from my loan would he consider coming down to 10 grand for the car so he could at least give you a thousand dollar cheaper and he said yes if my friend (bob) could help me pay my brother his thousand dollar loan he will sell you the car for 10 Gs, he than said if you do not buy it he will give you your thousand back and the car goes back up to 12,000. ??? Let me know wh  as t you think about that?? If this sounds good which I know is a steal let me know and I’ll set it up for tomorrow, once you drive it and see it you will fall in love trust me, and yes they are very hard to find n most want way more for mints"

14 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I’ll set it up for tomorrow, once you drive it and see it you will fall in love trust me, and yes they are very hard to find n most want way more for mints"

Bring your gun.

He's back at it again. Got these two responses to my ads.

"Greetings, my name is Joe, I came upon your ad on Craig’s List and was wondering if you are still interested in the car you are looking for? If so I may be able to help, if interested get in touch."

and to the other ad

"Greetings, my name is Joe, I came across your ad on Craig’s List and was wondering if you may still be interested in purchasing the items that you are interested in? I was a collector up until my business went down the tubes so if you are still interested get in touch, "

I know this is a complex case, but I have a rule I always use for a transaction.  I never pay with cash, unless I have the item in hand and I know I want it for the given price.  And two, I never pay for something period, until the seller produces it in front of me with all necessary paperwork.  

While I have not read the entire 4 pages of comments, I saw you met at a Walmart?  Have you contacted the PoPo and maybe they can get the license plates and track the thief down?  Walmart has most of their parking lot under heavy surveillance, there are cameras everywhere, if you haven’t I’d suggest going this route and wish you the best of luck finding this scumbag!   He def needs a “strong talking to”....aka a f@cking dropkick in the throat!  

I wish you the best in dosing out some justice here.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marcapra said:

I know this is a complex case, but I have a rule I always use for a transaction.  I never pay with cash, unless I have the item in hand and I know I want it for the given price.  And two, I never pay for something period, until the seller produces it in front of me with all necessary paperwork.  

The problem comes from being brought up with honor and respect as well as dealing with lots of very honest people that have put trust in me.  I have had more than one person just send me stuff, that I in turn evaluate, make an offer then send them money.  So when you deal with alot of people like this and even ones that send me a few bad pictures we make a deal,  often for thousands of dollars and the merchandise always shows up.  Never thought someone would actually meet me in person after giving lost of details about the items and themselves then never produce the items. 

Yes it's a learning experience and won't happen again.  I guess that's the difference from being brought up in the city and being brought up in the country in alot of cases.  I had a transporter I never met,  pay cash for a car  (He even agreed to before ever seeing the car) I was buying, then delivered it here and I paid him the cash back.  See there is a trust people extend until some scum breaks that chain.  That's why it would be nice to have a few made an example of.  It will be the only deterrent that might actually work. 

• Like 1

Yes we did meet at Walmart.  I never saw his car as he went in the building and came out of the building.  He was wearing a red coat and a red hat.  I doubt they even caught a good look at his face.  I didn't even pay close attention to what his hat said, or what he was wearing.  Then as said,  it's a he said shed said story.  Hopefully someday divine retribution or Karma catches up to him.  He scams the wrong person and they take him to task.

I put this out there to tell people of the scam being pulled so they could pass it around and be aware to protect themselves from having it happen to them.  He's still working in the Albany to probably Utica area of NY feeding off Craigslist wanted ads. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1