Brennan automobile drawings (Updated with photos)and ID request

JO BO

In  researching the Brennan auto, I read that along with supplying motors to large manufacturers as well as individuals, drawings of projected car

Designs were also offered. I know it’s a long shot but would anyone have said drawings offered?  Thanks Jo Bo

Edited by JO BO
add info (see edit history)

Research I found says Brennan expanded their building space in1903 due to the vast profits from motor sales in connection with completed car drawings (design )plans. From that statement I believe so....it was probably an effort to boost sales of motors so those who wished to build their own car would have a blueprint to work off. Jo Bo

Ps.  Wikipedia.   Brennan. Motor Manufacturing Company.     Phrase found under subtitle. “Automobile engines”.  

That may also be a reason I was told there were various autos built by the company itself from 1902 -1908 and hard to find two alike. 

Edited by JO BO (see edit history)

7 hours ago, MochetVelo said:

I wonder if this is one of their drawings or an actual company built car design?

Here are some pictures of my Special 8hp Brennan motor with gear offered by Brennan in 1902.  The car is in question on whether it is a Brennan built or a customer built. With the quality of workmanship and areas where special machining would be needed I am leaning toward Brennan built.  

The car originally had a spindle seat much like an early Stanley Steamer or Locomobile. I am looking for one to replace it with.  

very unique way to adjust chain tension.      Also has a traverse front spring set up. never saw this on any other car .    

KIMG0374(1).jpeg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

KIMG0361.jpeg

KIMG0364(1).jpeg

KIMG0358(1).jpeg

KIMG0366.jpeg

brennan.jpg

Edited by JO BO (see edit history)

If anyone has opinions about this car please respond.  It came from CT in 1977 and I believe was misidentified as another make.   Any help would be grateful. It is hard to own a mystery car....drives you insane not knowing for sure.  Thanks Jo Bo