TC top pull own motor assy part#

Morning all. My "90 TC's conv top pull down motor housing is cracked. Having trouble finding part# for complete motor/housing assy. Any of you TC folks out there know part# or where I can purchase? Don't want to wear out manual lock/release mechanism. Appreciate any help or suggestions.

That same motor was used as a trunk closing motor in some full size GM sedans a few years back.   If you can find one, it's an easy part to replace.  There may be some posts providing more specifics.

Solution:  There is a guy on eBay who will do a full repair/overhaul including fixing (plastic welding) the housing for $99.90 return shipping included. You only pay for shipping to him…There may be an additional charge for a new housing if yours is irreparable.  Send him an email through eBay stating you have a “TC top pull down” unit, with a photo or two of any housing damage. He will advise you how to pay and where to send the motor. Once paid through e-Bay, ship the unit to him with the relays and wiring attached. In a few days, the repaired pull-down motor is returned to you.  Mine took 5 days from “send to return”.

Go to eBay’s web site and search “Rebuilding Service for Your Cadillac/Lincoln Trunk Pull Down Motor Assembly”.   The seller is dallasautopage.  On the right side of the page click, “Contact Seller” and send him an email stating it is for a TC.  Mine now works great and is very quiet.  Simple fix, no aggravation for reasonable money with a 1-year guarantee.

On 5/30/2020 at 8:28 AM, Andy_TC said:

Morning all. My "90 TC's conv top pull down motor housing is cracked. Having trouble finding part# for complete motor/housing assy. Any of you TC folks out there know part# or where I can purchase? Don't want to wear out manual lock/release mechanism. Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Hi Andy, I don't know if you are a member of TC America, the car club for owners of these specialty cars. Having just received the June 2020 TC AMERICA Newsletter, there on page 3 is an article "Pull Down Motor Replacement for the 1989-1991 TC".  If you haven't received your copy, you should have it soon , if you are a member.

If you are not a member, here is evidence of the value of membership. Contact the club president at tcmaseraticlub@gmail.com and join the club.

A quick thanks to the group on this and other threads.  My pull down motor housing cracked but with the help from the forum and the latest issue of the TC America newsletter I had it fixed in no time. AutoZone part number 747-001 fit the bill perfectly.

IMG_20200607_195417670.jpg

• Like 1