Sign in to follow this  
alsancle

Jim Crank Doble Book

Posted (edited)

I bought the book through the SACA club. In fact, I joined the club so I could get the rather significant discount. I'm on page 185 of Volume I. Book is exceptional in all regards. The book is organized chronologically (I'm up to about 1922) and Jim gives a full accounting of all Steam cars, not just Doble.

I'm prewar car guy, but this book makes me want to be a steam car guy. Just so well done.

https://www.steamautomobile.com/storeroom.html

file.php?1,file=5056

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)

You want to be a steam car guy? Your nuts enough as it is. I started the hobby in steam......it’s a different head. You will smell like oil and always have dirty hands. You car is always needing attention. It’s similar to having horses. Fun, yes. But it takes a dedication to the hobby unlike many other wheeled sports.

Yea, but what a ride! And since your wife smells like you do it is no big deal.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:23 AM, edinmass said:

You want to be a steam car guy? Your nuts enough as it is. I started the hobby in steam......it’s a different head. You will smell like oil and always have dirty hands. You car is always needing attention. It’s similar to having horses. Fun, yes. But it takes a dedication to the hobby unlike many other wheeled sports.

Ed,  are you questioning my dedication?   I was hoping you would ride along and deal with the warm up, valves, blow down, water fill, etc.

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

Ed,  are you questioning my dedication?   I was hoping you would ride along and deal with the warm up, valves, blow down, water fill, etc.

Is that a job offer?🤑