Ihle amusement park cars

I've neither seen nor heard about those cars, although the one shown looks very interesting.  Can you give us a bit more information about these cars?  For example, do they have gasoline engines or electric motors?

Cheers,

Grog

32 minutes ago, Ftrose said:

Hello I may be interested, how much are your asking and where is your location thank you frank

sorry, but it's not for sale, just looking for others that may collect these.

Thank you

9 hours ago, capngrog said:

I've neither seen nor heard about those cars, although the one shown looks very interesting.  Can you give us a bit more information about these cars?  For example, do they have gasoline engines or electric motors?

Cheers,

Grog

They are amusement park car rides, this one was powered by an electric motor, some others were gas powered.

1 hour ago, Vinny V said:

They are amusement park car rides, this one was powered by an electric motor, some others were gas powered.

Does yours steer or was it designed to be on a track?

I've always liked these.  One year there was an example driven on the show field at Hershey.

Tiny And Rare Classic: 1938 Ihle

• Like 2

To build one of these as a pit rig or the likes is high on my bucket list.

Just for the fun of it.

The hardest thing to find is one of those cool bodies.

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

Does yours steer or was it designed to be on a track?

I've always liked these.  One year there was an example driven on the show field at Hershey.

Tiny And Rare Classic: 1938 Ihle

Mine ride on the track, i would like to find one that is gas powered and steers itself.

These two cars are from Kennywood's Turnpike ride. They are not mine, but I am the mechanic that keeps up on them for the owner. Both have Kohler engines. The Turnpike was one of my favorite rides as a kid. It has since been replaced with a coaster.

KIMG0038.JPG

Edited by ryan95 (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • 6 months later...
21 hours ago, Vinny V said:

my latest aquisition

So, where do you keep finding these?    I have the opportunity to buy a ihle monposto but would rather the SL lookalike similar to yours.   Basically the car I can get looks just like this:

Monoposto, Ihle Bruchsal - Club Ventilspiel

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

So, where do you keep finding these?    I have the opportunity to buy a ihle monposto but would rather the SL lookalike similar to yours.   Basically the car I can get looks just like this:

this one is cool, when were these made? what engine is in it?

That is like the unrestored one I had, really nice quality built amusement park ride. When in use there were side rails somewhat like bumper cars to keep the kids safe. The detail items on the suspension fairing and that hood ornament are very well make, and had to add a lot to the cost of building them. 

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

I have a GERB IHLE amusement car 1938 or39 was used at SAVIN ROCK PARK in new haven ct . were also used at CONLEY ISLAND in ny. IT  has a HIRTH motor ,   not running in fair condition. stutzi6

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, alsancle said:

someone who should not have been allowed to choose colors.

It’s an AMUSEMENT PARK car. I’m sure they used a lot of bright colors. 

• Like 1

I guess my age is showing as I think of Disneyland as a theme park and places like Coney Island, Glen Echo, Kiddyland  as amusement parks. Places that have old time rides like bumper cars, shooting galleries, throw the ball at the bottles- more carnival type than the plush style of Disneyland. The colors were to make the cars standout and attract kids. 

Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, stutzl6 said:

I have a GERB IHLE amusement car 1938 or39 was used at SAVIN ROCK PARK in new haven ct . were also used at CONLEY ISLAND in ny. IT  has a HIRTH motor ,   not running in fair condition. stutzi6

do you have any pictures?