61 Mercury Monterey Lower Control Arm Bushings Wanted

Three Deuce

I have a 61 Merc with the Anti-Harsh Ride, (Link Type) lower control arms.  I bought a Front End Rebuild kit from Kanter Auto Parts, but it does not have the oval rubber bushings that are needed.  I did find that Rare Auto Parts does have these but only in a kit with the bushings for over $500.00.  I only need the rubber inserts if anyone knows where I could get them.

Link Type Frt Suspension.jpg

Those rubber inserts by themselves will be hard to find since the 61 full size Mercury's were the only car to have this set up. The cost is about right of what I paid for the whole bushing kit. The other option is to switch out the lower A arm with that of a 61 Galaxie since the frame and running gear are the same. You will also have a problem finding the rubber blocks that attach to the front of the rear leaf springs.  I had a company make new ones of those for me. Good luck

Edited by Laughing Coyote (see edit history)

Thank you guys!

I did try Mac's Vintage1, thanks, they didn't have the bushing.  It seems Rare Parts is the only one.  Thanks Laughing Coyote, But i was able to source a pair of standard lower arms for a 62 Galaxie, just waiting for them to arrive, and I think I will be back on the road!

• 2 years later...