Sign in to follow this  
M1842

Pre-War Cars in Nebraska (Maybe)

I found this picture that my grandfather took in around 1935-6-7 at what might have been a CCC camp in western Nebraska, Grampa was a camp physician for the CCC.  I am basing the date on the general styles of the cars but if someone(s) would like to have a go at the cars in the foreground, I'd be delighted to hear what they are to get a "no earlier than"  date. Unfortunately, Grampa passed in 1973 and I didn't find the negative until 2016 when my father passed.

Mark

Cars circa 1935.jpg

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Here's a better look:

CCC camp Western Nebraska  1930's.jpg

Posted (edited)

The newest car I see is a 1936 or 1937 sedan. The next oldest would be the 1936 Dodge Brothers coupe fourth from the left in the long row. Looks to be a 1935 Ford this side of the coupe. About a 1933 Chevrolet truck in front of that. Not sure what the one on the end is.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

If the picture was taken in Nebraska, then the year would be 1936.  The license plates appear to be a dark color with light colored numbers which match 1936 (silver numbers on black).  The plates for 1935 and 1937 are a light color with dark numbers.

On 5/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, keiser31 said:

The newest car I see is a 1936 or 1937 sedan. The next oldest would be the 1936 Dodge Brothers coupe fourth from the left in the long row. Looks to be a 1935 Ford this side of the coupe. About a 1933 Chevrolet truck in front of that. Not sure what the one on the end is.

Looks like a '34 Olds to me

• Like 1