1922 Buick 22-4-35 Tourer

Hello all, I've been so lucky to have been able to purchase a 1922 Buick Tourer in New Zealand.  It has been restored in the eighties and has be laid up in storage for the last 25 years.  A wonderful Buick man helped the previous owners get it ready and drove it on the truck before heading to me. ( about a 10 hour drive and 3 hour boat trip.).  I bought it sight unseen and am absolutely ecstatic with it.  There is a bit of recommissioning work to do before she will be road legal but hopefully she will be ready in a month or so.  I have to get a convertible top made for it and a bit of touch up to the paintwork.

I look forward to being part of this group.   I'll post some photos when I work out how. Regards David Marshall

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Marshall said:

Hello all, I've been so lucky to have been able to purchase a 1922 Buick Tourer in New Zealand.  It has been restored in the eighties and has be laid up in storage for the last 25 years.  A wonderful Buick man helped the previous owners get it ready and drove it on the truck before heading to me. ( about a 10 hour drive and 3 hour boat trip.).  I bought it sight unseen and am absolutely ecstatic with it.  There is a bit of recommissioning work to do before she will be road legal but hopefully she will be ready in a month or so.  I have to get a convertible top made for it and a bit of touch up to the paintwork.

I look forward to being part of this group.   I'll post some photos when I work out how. Regards David Marshall

Welcome aboard.  carjam.co.nz lists  2 only 1922 Buick's registered in NZ. But carjam data is not always correct.

You can email  nzbuick at yahoo.co.nz and ask Graham to be put you on the NZ Buick mailing list. A e-magazine is issued every month or so

The Australian PreWar Buick e-magazine is another to subscribe to. Ask John at  prewarbuicks at gmail.com

Have asked the moderators to merge your 2 threads

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

9 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

How did you find this Buick in NZ? 

Buick's in NZ can be found!

The other thread on this car --> https://forums.aaca.org/topic/345181-1922-buick-22-4-35-tourer/

Hopefully will get merged

• Like 1

Hi, thank you for your reply.   I understand there is one 22 Buick in a town called Wanganui that's about a 50 minute drive from my home.  I have the owners details so I'm definitely going to make contact.

i believe there are very few 22-4-35 models in NZ so 2 may be correct.  

Ive joined the Buick register in NZ and Graham is a very helpful chap indeed.  I'll join the Australian register today !

thanks again David 

Welcome aboard.

Likely to be other 1922's being restored/sheds and so not on the government rego data base and/or on other club lists, like NZ Vintage Car Club.

Looking at the NZ Buick 2004 list were 3 off 1922. (Napier, Christchurch & Central Otago) But some may be duplicate entries